low maintenance and fuel efficient
By sshegls on
2006 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
Overall this car is great. Bouht it when it was new in 2006 because it has a 5 star safety rating and was inexpensive around 13,000. I had horrible credit but hyundai is great at approving financing. Ive only had to do oil changes and one set of tires. Have 36000 miles all highway. I drive long distance and car is very comfy on highway and its "get up n go" peppy. the ac and heat is fanominal in this car and the hotest/coldest ive ever seen. I still have original light bulbs and only used 3 tanks of gas to drive ny to fl as i commute. car is especially smooth with michellin tires and quiet. There is no wind noise at all. I replaced the radio with a sony and sound quality is 10 times better.
Favorite Features
there is a slide out set of cup holders in the rear seat which is cool for rear passengers. I like the lights on the doors that light up when the doors are open that help see and other cars will see the doors open and be cautious. i plan to keep car for as long as it lasts. You can get a full size spare rim for only 70 bucks and discard the donut so if u have a problem you dont have to drive slow. Car is great in snow and water and easy to parrallel park with a wide turning radious.
Suggested Improvements
Rear end tends to lean "sway" so around sharp turns u will need to slow down to avoid fishtailing due to wimpy sway bar and springs on the mcpherson struts could be stiffer althouh these cons allow for a very comfortable ride on highway. ive noticed cheap exterior vinle pillar coverings flack off after about 5 years and crinkle up, also antena pint fades from black to silver. another plus is rear seat back has 3 child seat hooks allowing for safe easy installing of baby seat