2006 Hyundai Elantra 2.0L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Great little car!

2006 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Review

2006 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

GLS Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Great little car!
By phil110 on

2006 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I used Edmonds to locate this car so thought I'd return the favor and write a review. If you're looking for a good reliable fuel efficient ride, this is it. I purchased this car a few months ago with 95K on the clock. I've just turned 106k and other than routine maintenance have had absolutely no trouble.

Favorite Features

I find the engine power/transmission gear ratio to be excellent! Passing at highway speeds is a much better experience than I've had with other 4cyl/automatic configurations. Fuel mileage is good. My 30 day average was right at 30mpg (hwy and city combined, but I live in a rural area so more hwy). But I'm impressed.

Suggested Improvements

I'm 6' tall with a slim build and find that the seats could be a little more comfortable, they're just a tad harder than I like (but that's a matter of opinion), but there is plenty of leg room! The cruise control is a bit tricky (as many of them are), mostly in getting it set exactly where you want it.