Used 2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

Edmunds inconsistant editorial Elant 06
By crb

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS SULEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Consumers Reports Buyers Guide Elantra 06 rates reliability very good/accidant avoid ance very good/Edmunds editorial 04//05/ rating is a 78/06 75 Elantra Sorry you are wrong Edmunds.com My Elantra averages better than 26 miles per gallon.Consumer Guide rates Honda Civic 26.1 mpg. Civic is a 10 EX Mazda 3 10/Hyundai is a solid 8 No recalls 06 Elantra/ 05/04 recalls. Edmunds gets it right 07 8.3 07 bettet car but 06/05/04 Recommended by C.R., C.G.

Heavier ride/rated 06 Elantra EPA midsize car, that is the way it feels for comfort! Steering routine handling very good/ I have ABS/TRACTION CONTROL/Better Value Honda Civic,Mazda3/Corolla LE minimum $1K

Electonic Stability Control, Curtain Air Bags/I purcased ABS/TRACTION CONTROL 07 does not have traction control neither does Honda Civic No Traction Control Honda Civic costs $3500 more $ than the Elantra

Driving is believing
By javax

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I test drove Honda Civic and Nissan Sentra. And also looked at Toyota Corolla and 2 other domestic cars. Among those cars, Hyundai Elantra came up on top. It runs much quieter than other cars in its class and has more safety features for the prices. It also comes with a traction control system. I had a Honda Accord V6 EX before this one and I like Hyundai better than Accord. Although it lacks the horsepower like Honda Accord, for its lighter curb weight, it accelerates as fast as Accord. I hesitated to buy it in the beginning but I am so glad that I bought this quality car.

Fuel economy, body assembly and mechanical precision(just look at how the trunk lid, doors, and hood that fit like luxury German and Japanese made cars)

Cloth seat material and comfort.

2006 Elantra
By jb

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Nice fun car to drive. I have had no problem beating the EPA rated mileage. I average 31 in city driving and 40 on the highway.

Comfort and gas economy

Engine noise could be reduced.

My Third Hyundai
By L Bishop

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

After owning an Accent, I moved up to an Elantra in 2003, and purchased my 206 Elantra as a new vehicle a few months ago. Great value for the money! Reliable, comfortable; back seat passengers find it comfortable, too.

Power side mirrors; adjustable seat height, map lights, keyless entry that turns on interior light as well as unlocking door(s), glasses holder.

Totally happy with my puchase
By Adam

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I got one of the last 06 Elantra's they had on the lot. I was looking for a deal, and boy did I get one. I;ve been looking at cars for the past few months, and I never found one that has the looks, features and pricing of the Elantra. It has great pick up, handles beautifully, and has a great warranty.

Peppy engine, styling, features, my sunroof!

make ABS standard, add the horn to the alarm sound, remote trunk release, better cd player.

• SUV