2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
Anon Review
By anon08053 on 10/05/06 16:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This has been a wonderful car so far. Everything about it is great...it rides smooth, looks great and is very comfortable. Best car I've had in years.

Best deal for the money
By VictorK on 09/19/06 22:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I'm extremely happy with my Elantra. So much that I'm considering getting another Hyundai. When I got it I compared it to all its competitors and the fact that A/C, power windows, power and heated mirrors and keyless entry come standard made it the best deal. Also - it comes with Michelin tires!

Worst car ever !!!
By floridagal on 09/18/06 15:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my hyundia elantra GLS only 4 months ago and I am looking to unload this car fast, it handles really poorly. Have to floor it to get it up to 20mph and from there it speeds up to 50 by hardly touching the gas. The gas pedal has a very soft and loose feel to it, and I don't feel I have any control over this car. My previous 1999 corolla handled much better than this. The car looks nice for the money but was not worth buying as I don't feel safe nor enjoy driving it.

best car I ever owned-2nd one
By WILLIAM KRAMER on 09/10/06 18:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 2nd elantra, I traded in a 2004 with 36000 miles on it, and had no problems with it, it ran rings arround my 2004 Honda Civic Lease car. The 2006 only has 1200 miles on it, but rids more like a luxury car, and the radion has improved 200 percent. It has lots of power, and ease of handling, and the engine is a thing of beauty.

It's ok.
By Kate on 08/31/06 13:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My husband I bought our Hyundai when our Pontiac died. After owning it for about six months now I would say that it's "ok". Not "great". Just "ok". We haven't had any problems with the engine, we did have a defective tire that went flat for no reason and was completely shredded inside. We have had to call the roadside service that comes with the car for them to jump the battery after we went on vacation for a week and left it at the airport. But other than minor things it's been alright. The price is great esp. considering what you get.

Be Real
By John Williams on 08/26/06 20:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

For the price, warranty, gas per gallon of gas, a consumer can't ask for anything more. 10's all the way across. My wife's first car and it is a perfect investment and a great car to handle for a inexperienced driver. Great job Hyundai!

Overall...A Good Value
By Austin on 08/17/06 16:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This Hyundai feels strong driving around town but handling is on the soft side. Ride quality is good for an economy car and relatively quiet until you rev past 3000 rpm. Downside, does not get good fuel economy with automatic and shifts are slower than other cars.

I love my Elantra!!!!!
By cjalb72 on 08/09/06 08:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned the car for just over a month!! I was a Toyota and Honda snob!!! I do say WAS a Snob!!! After driving this car I was amazed @ the fit and finish, the 10 year Warr., @ the price!!!

Surprising pleased!
By Scott on 08/02/06 11:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Traded in my Dodge Ram and, after the initial regret, am not looking back. A much smoother ride, more than enough comfort & room (both front and back seats), and MUCH better mileage made my transfer from truck to sedan less painful. I debated for a month or so & actually settled on a Kia Spectra, but after comparing optional to standard features & the over all comfort & ride, went with the Elantra. Highly recommend it to anyone looking for a mid-size sedan but not wanting to spend alot of money. My first road trip last week was the test for roominess during a trip. The results: passed with flying colors!

Nice car for the money
By brybry on 07/31/06 19:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Weird for me to say but I have been researching this car for 1 year. It has everything I want such as power everything and cruise is very important. CD now comes standard also. It has 2 years and 24,000 more mile warranty than most others in it's class which means nothing out of my pocket for an a/c going out (if it should happen)

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.