Used 2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Reviews

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

So far, so good
By krikel

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS SULEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Have to say it's a good car for the money. Others complained about tires, but mine came with Michelins which were replaced just recently (I have 45K on the car). Brake pads replaced 1x so far, & just now need new battery. Only complaint is driver side wiper fails (loosens) when icy snow builds up (living in MA, this is gonna happen). Dealership told me Hyundai designed wiper to fail rather than ice buildup making wiper motor burn out. If this is true, why didn't they make it so the passenger side wiper fails when it ices up rather than driver's side? Also had weird problem with brake lights staying on, but was just a stuck switch. Dealership fixed at no cost as it was covered under warranty

Favorite Features

Extras that came standard such as power windows/locks/mirrors.

Suggested Improvements

Model has undergone change since '06, so can't suggest improvements, but hopefully the problem with the driver side wiper freezing up and loosening has been resolved. If Hyundai does do that so the wiper motor doesn't burn out, make it so the passenger side wiper loosens & stops working, not driver.

better than a corolla
By better than corolla

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I agree its not the best looking car but its worth all the money I paid for it. I have driven this car to Las Vegas many times, so yes its comfortable and I make it in less than a tank of gas. Everything on the car still works perfect. My car has 35,000 miles on it and I've had it for 3 yrs I just had to change the tires. I've had no problems with it. It runs and looks new. I also have a 2002 elantra that runs perfect I also bought that car new and I'm now handing it down to my sister cause her corolla already broke down 5 times and she just got it 2 yrs ago.

Favorite Features

Driving it at 80 mph from San Diego ca. To Las Vegas and using less than a tank of gas

Suggested Improvements

the dashboard could use some help it looks too plain

Great Car for the money
By AVIBobcat08

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My little 2006 Elantra is a great car for the money. It has great acceleration in fact some of friends get fooled and think it has a V6 when it is only a 2.0 L engine. I love this car it gets 37 mpg on the freeway and 26 city not bad for this car. My only complaint was the tires they only lasted 33,000 miles but for the price of the car I can't complain it out lasted my cousins more expensive corolla which left her sit a few times so all and all its a great car

Favorite Features

Good pick up and great acceleration for passing

Suggested Improvements

better tires

Great value, great fun
By Herb & Amy

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car handles well and at the same time rides very comfortably on the road. Sporty feel without the roughness of a true sports car. Nice combination.

Favorite Features

The engine is delightful. 138hp seems conservative; acceleration is brisk at any speed.

Suggested Improvements

The quality of the interior cloth could be better, but considering the purchase price this is not a big negative. It's acceptably nice.

Hyundai Elantra a bargain.
By Herb Trisler

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car has been full of surprises. 33mpg hwy, 26-27mpg town. Cruises at 100mph easily on the highway. (Yes, 100mph. Easily.) The ride on the highway is much smoother than one would expect, but when pushed at a brisk rate the car still handles very well, never leaving you feeling out of control. Good brakes. Also, no rattles. No squeaks. Very good quality of build.

Favorite Features

The 2.0 liter 4 cylinder engine is marvelous. A great combination of more- than-adequate power and great fuel economy. My wife says she loves the cupholders in the back.

Suggested Improvements

The interior cloth is not top notch, although it is comfortable and serviceable.