Used 2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Reviews

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

One of the best used car values around
By mattba

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My Elantra is a 5spd model. Excellent power and fuel economy. Very good build quality and very comfortable for the class. This car feels like it will run forever. The only negatives are the ease in which you can dent the body panels and the engine turns a bit to many rpm's at highway speeds for my taste. The resale value is poor, which makes it an excellent used car value. I bought mine in Dec. of 08 with 23,000 miles on it for $7.5k Would highly recommend the Elantra

Favorite Features

Good power, good room, good 5 speed linkage, good fuel econ. (27 mpg around town and 33-34 on the highway)

Suggested Improvements

make the body panels a bit more durable, paint quality isn't great... the steel wheels rust easily

I luv my Elantra!
By Bruce

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Great car - cheap as hell to buy, own, and operate. We have 20K miles on in now - and we may not need to buy another car for a decade.

Favorite Features

Heater, driver area layout, sunroof, front-wheel drive.

Suggested Improvements

Wider availability - it was actually tough to find the "limited" version in Chicago.

Nice car overall, but quality lacking
By G-man3000

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my 2006 Elantra for 3 years now (approx 50,000 miles on it), and I am the original owner. Overall, the car is nice, comfortable and economical. However, quality has been a disappointment. When I first bought the car the headlights were aimed too low, and the steering wheel had a vibration at highway speeds. Several months later, the armrest cover material peeled off, and I noticed the passenger airbag light stays on when a fairly lighter adult passenger is seated in the seat. The weight sensor is a bit out of spec I believe. Most recently, the CD player broke. Overall, I'd buy a Honda or Toyota...for a little more money, you get much better quality/resale value.

Favorite Features

Many features for the buck. Very nice seat material..that warm fuzzy fabric, that is found on more expensive cars. Also, because of it's slightly boxy (more conservative styling) visibility is excellent, which I like a lot. I hate cars that have bad side and rear visibility.

Suggested Improvements

Poor Quality. And "America's best warranty" is a fake. The radio is only warrantied for 3 years/36,000 miles. Mine broke at 41,000 miles. Also,I had a steering wheel vibration since the car was new, they never could quite fix it, eventually they began to blame the tires as "normal wear and tear".

cold and frustrated
By frustratedelantra

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

All though I have enjoyed my hyundai very much, in the winter it is very cold. I can't leave my car running to warm up without staying in it. There is a saftey feature that won't allow you to lock your doors with the car running so that you won't lock your self out. This may be good for people in warm places but for me it is very frustrating. When I asked my local dealer about it they weren't much help at all. Also for "SAFTEY REASONS" you should be able to lock yourself in in case an extreme situation forces you to do so.

Favorite Features

It drives great and is great on gas.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the saftey feature so I don't have to freeze to warm up my car.

Best First Car EVER!
By Jess2k9

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So i was looking into getting a car, and came across the Elantras. These cares are THE best. I have been getting about 30mpg in town and 39 on the freeway. The manual is so nice and is very peppy. It is very fun to drive around town and mess around in. The response time is great! Also i keep getting comments from my friends saying that it is very comfortable and how they love the sound quality! The sound is amazing! I love how they actually come with 2 subs installed in the back. Also the tweeters and subs in the front. Well put together. This car is a solid car and a great one! I would reccomend this car to anyone! I have not had any problems and love this car to death. You should buy one.

Favorite Features

Great Sound, Excellent handleing, Very Comfortbale, love the power everything, Very hot and very cold when you want it to be! AC works wonders!

Suggested Improvements

none, this car is perfect!