2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Consumer Reviews 4

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
MY 06*** Love my car
By Tracey on 05/01/08 08:45 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2006 Elantra New May 06. It now has 21000 miles on it and it has been very good to me, I have had no problems with it at all since i bought it. Reliability is a 10++++ plus i bought the extended 10yr 100k bumper to bumper and i have to say that i feel 100% safe w/free roadside assistance with a push of a button on the phone.

Todds Elantra
By Nakedkub on 12/01/07 03:05 AM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Im very Happy with this car. It has been very fun to drive, is great on gas, has plenty of power and performance. Overall is very comfortable. I have really enjoyed owning it. The only downside is tire wear. But if you keep them rotated frequently it seems to lessen the problem. I have had several friends who have either riden in or driven the car and everyone was impressed. Hyundai has come a long way.

Not a bad choice
By gls117 on 10/29/07 16:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I like this car very much so far. It took me for a ride in the first 8000 miles with a broken motor mount and air bag light, but it was all covered under warranty...no questions from the dealer. The 5spd trans is pretty responsive and much more fun to drive than the auto. I bought the car new feb 06 and have 44000 on the clock. No real problems since. I recommend this car as long as you keep up with the maintenance.

26 miles per gallon average/32 Hiway
By Suzan Gone! on 07/23/07 21:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS SULEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

excellent point a to point B car Maintenance first year $200dollars 2 oil changes & 1 year service/15kmiles Fuel economy 26 miles per gallon average/32 Hiway close 17 City/last 1500 miles 27 average. Ride with ABS,Traction control,braking better than average. Consumer Reports buying guide rates better than average/contradicts reliability ratings average/accident avoidance better than average frontal crash test Good A

Edmunds inconsistant editorial Elant 06
By crb on 06/24/07 22:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS SULEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Consumers Reports Buyers Guide Elantra 06 rates reliability very good/accidant avoid ance very good/Edmunds editorial 04//05/ rating is a 78/06 75 Elantra Sorry you are wrong Edmunds.com My Elantra averages better than 26 miles per gallon.Consumer Guide rates Honda Civic 26.1 mpg. Civic is a 10 EX Mazda 3 10/Hyundai is a solid 8 No recalls 06 Elantra/ 05/04 recalls. Edmunds gets it right 07 8.3 07 bettet car but 06/05/04 Recommended by C.R., C.G.

Driving is believing
By javax on 05/24/07 19:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I test drove Honda Civic and Nissan Sentra. And also looked at Toyota Corolla and 2 other domestic cars. Among those cars, Hyundai Elantra came up on top. It runs much quieter than other cars in its class and has more safety features for the prices. It also comes with a traction control system. I had a Honda Accord V6 EX before this one and I like Hyundai better than Accord. Although it lacks the horsepower like Honda Accord, for its lighter curb weight, it accelerates as fast as Accord. I hesitated to buy it in the beginning but I am so glad that I bought this quality car.

2006 Elantra
By jb on 04/11/07 18:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Nice fun car to drive. I have had no problem beating the EPA rated mileage. I average 31 in city driving and 40 on the highway.

My Third Hyundai
By L Bishop on 01/18/07 07:19 AM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

After owning an Accent, I moved up to an Elantra in 2003, and purchased my 206 Elantra as a new vehicle a few months ago. Great value for the money! Reliable, comfortable; back seat passengers find it comfortable, too.

Totally happy with my puchase
By Adam on 12/20/06 06:52 AM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I got one of the last 06 Elantra's they had on the lot. I was looking for a deal, and boy did I get one. I;ve been looking at cars for the past few months, and I never found one that has the looks, features and pricing of the Elantra. It has great pick up, handles beautifully, and has a great warranty.

Great Car
By sean w on 11/29/06 10:12 AM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Is an excellent point A-B and back car. If concerned about reliability and price it is an A+