Used 2006 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

On the fence about this car...
By Ashley

2006 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I still haven't decided if I want to keep this car or trade it in! Interior seems very cheap, back seat that folds down will not click back into place, hood has crease across it like a 2x4 got shut in the hood (but dealer is the only place the hood is opened when they do the oil change). Noise in dash like something vibrating around in glove box but nothing is in there. Great MPG, easy car to drive b/c of size, love the hatchback and fold down seats (when they lock back where they're supposed to!) which give plenty of inside cargo space. Cheap exterior construction. Seems underpowered compared to Civic, Jetta, and other comparable cars. If I don't buy another its because of the dealership.

Hatchback, fuel economy, affordable purchase price

Better quality all around...mine should not have a crease in the metal at 1 year old! Especially when I know nothing damaged it, so it must be the quality of the material.

MY evaluation is 7.8 just like 05-04 Ela
By chazbro1

2006 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

06 hyundai Elantra has been a good car I am averaging better than 26 miles per gallon/32 Hiway 17 city. No problems I have my reservations because it has taken Hyundai 20 years to make excellent cars Koreans along with the Japanese quality is approximately 11 problems per car. Hyundai Kia were tied for twelvth J.D. Power survey for initial quality. The top third of 36 manufacturers with and industry average 125 problems per car(industry ave)

Fuel economy, room,comfort, reliability intelligent choice says maintanance is average. Safety features with ABS/Traction control along with frontal crash tests rating good. accident avoidance good

Obvious curtain side airbags, better protection side crash tests. rear crash protection needs improvement(ie. corrected the problem with more safety features 07 06 Elantra rated 75 07 Elantra rated 83

Great Car, BAD 30k mi checkup!!! part 1
By clarose_lapro

2006 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT SULEV 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I like my car I really do. My rear brakes started to make a pretty nasty noise and my check engine light came on so so I took my car in for the 30k check up. Wow it costs $500 to replace the FLUIDS $ FILTER this is required by your warranty contract only fine Hyundai parts are acceptable or...So it just so happens my cable assembly for my parking break "froze" ruining my REAR brakes, Rear Brakes shot @ 30k. Hyundai replaces the cable assembly no problem...but the serv. dept calls me to try an authorize work on my rear brakes which I would have to pay for, what?

Cheap, GREAT GAS MILEAGE, great features

Ripped Off
By Joe

2006 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is awful. Radio reception is horrible. Interior has new squeaks & rattles every day. Replaced muffler at 10K miles. Had to replace rear brakes after 18K miles (all highway). Dealers said that was normal wear & tear. Parking brake freezes on cold days & causes rear end to vibrate above 40mph. Called dealer twice about it & he said it was normal. Averaging only 29 MPG driving all highway miles with cruise control set at 70mph most of the time. Windshield wipers quit working one morning, then started working again on the afternoon drive home. Learned my lesson on this one. I'll never buy another Hyundai again. The car and dealer service are worse than I could ever have imagined.

Hatchback design

Buy a Corolla!

Beautiful car
By Stephany

2006 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The drive is very smooth. The stereo sounds great. It's easy to fold down the back seats to expand storage space. I love the color! (moonlit blue)

A stronger exterior material - Despite parking away and babying it, I've had more dings in this car in the 7 months that I've had it than my previous car that I had 13 years!