2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
Great Car for the money
By AVIBobcat08 on 02/27/09 09:47 AM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My little 2006 Elantra is a great car for the money. It has great acceleration in fact some of friends get fooled and think it has a V6 when it is only a 2.0 L engine. I love this car it gets 37 mpg on the freeway and 26 city not bad for this car. My only complaint was the tires they only lasted 33,000 miles but for the price of the car I can't complain it out lasted my cousins more expensive corolla which left her sit a few times so all and all its a great car

Great value, great fun
By Herb & Amy on 02/11/09 17:34 PM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car handles well and at the same time rides very comfortably on the road. Sporty feel without the roughness of a true sports car. Nice combination.

Hyundai Elantra a bargain.
By Herb Trisler on 12/01/08 18:34 PM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car has been full of surprises. 33mpg hwy, 26-27mpg town. Cruises at 100mph easily on the highway. (Yes, 100mph. Easily.) The ride on the highway is much smoother than one would expect, but when pushed at a brisk rate the car still handles very well, never leaving you feeling out of control. Good brakes. Also, no rattles. No squeaks. Very good quality of build.

Brake Pad replacement
By Jennifer on 10/19/08 01:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

At 20,000 miles, after hearing a noise on the right front side of my car, I was told I needed to service my brakes. I have NEVER had a car that needed brakes with such low mileage. Now, at 40,000 miles, I was told I needed new brakes pads again. This time, I looked at them myself. The right front pad on the inside was completely worn. The right outside was half-way worn. The left front brake pads (inside and out)were hardly worn. It obviously has a problem! And the dealer tried telling me it's normal! I probably had a stuck caliper piston this whole time and they probably didn't fix it the first time! Besides, my caliper pins are missing!!!!

My Elantra
By Jims5467 on 09/22/08 14:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Enjoy driving my elantra whether it's on the interstate or in town. More than peppy, throaty sound due to my interstate driving, good handling and braking. Without a/c get over 35 mpg on interstate doing at least the speed limit of 70, combo averages 29-33 mpg with a/c on interstate drops to 33 in town drops to around 25-29 mpg. Love my sunroof, cd sound could be a little better but overall best buy have ever made with the exception of my '69 boss302.

My First New Car
By KSM on 07/21/08 17:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

In Nov of 2005, my used Subaru had reached its life expectancy. I could not afford an expensive vehicle so the Elantra was my choice after driving a couple other vehicles (Accent, Aveo, and a couple Suzuki's). I have to say this vehicle has been fantastic. I do a lot of highway driving and get about 32-34mpg regularly, best ever being 38mpg on a trip that I drove 60mph most of the way. My only part failures were the starter at about 45K and an axle seal at about 60K. Has almost 75k on it now and my only issue is warranty is going to be up before I pay it off.

the honest truth
By susan erlich on 07/13/08 19:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I am a third time Hyundai owner. I started in the 80's when they first came out and I have been buying them ever since. I have to admit that I noticed the difference between this car that I own and the other two that I owned. I presently have 2006 elantra, and am looking into purchasing a 2008. I love these cars. There reliability is superb and I encourage everyone that I know, family and friends to buy a Hyundai. They are great cars and they have come a mighty long way!

HAPPY HYUNDAI
By me & my car on 05/15/08 11:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My first elantra was bought in 2000. Had an accident in 2006 and bought another one... Wouldn't purchase another car. For the price, waranty, comfort, reliablity, style, etc. What other kind of transportation is there? n-o-n-e. Keep up the great job in manufacturing such a tremedous car for the $$$$$... You can keep your Benz, beemer, Lexus, vet, etc. Give my a Hyundai anytime (and you still have money left for gas!)

MY 06*** Love my car
By Tracey on 05/01/08 08:45 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2006 Elantra New May 06. It now has 21000 miles on it and it has been very good to me, I have had no problems with it at all since i bought it. Reliability is a 10++++ plus i bought the extended 10yr 100k bumper to bumper and i have to say that i feel 100% safe w/free roadside assistance with a push of a button on the phone.

Todds Elantra
By Nakedkub on 12/01/07 03:05 AM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Im very Happy with this car. It has been very fun to drive, is great on gas, has plenty of power and performance. Overall is very comfortable. I have really enjoyed owning it. The only downside is tire wear. But if you keep them rotated frequently it seems to lessen the problem. I have had several friends who have either riden in or driven the car and everyone was impressed. Hyundai has come a long way.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.