2006 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
Love my GT
By stulesser on 10/03/06 13:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my car in May 06 @ Universal Hyundai in Orlando. First contact was through the internet and I feel they gave me a great deal $13,900. No other dealer in the area could match it. Sales folks were more than helpful. They went over every detail of the car. Service has been very good. If I have it serviced at the dealer I get "tires for life". My wife and I took the car on a trip to NJ. It ran exceptionally well, averaging over 32 mpg. One tank got over 36 mpg. The car is exactly what I was looking for. We'll probably trade our SUV for the new Elantra (have to see it first), Also considering the Sonata or Azera. No complaints with the car or dealership.

New GT Lover
By MaryAnn on 08/18/06 13:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my Elantra GT in April 2006 after having to give up a 96 Grand Am. It was a difficult choice but one I'm glad I made. This is my first brand new car. I've had no major difficulities with the car; a few cosmetic situations that the dealer took care of right away. I'm pleased so far with the way the car handles, the gas mileage and the over all ability of the engine; there is a slight difference going from a V6 to a 4 cylinder. I did purchase the upgrade for the ABS/traction control but haven't had circumstances to use it yet. With winter approaching, I'm sure I will. I think it is a good quaity car for the money.

Very Happy
By elantragtlover on 08/09/06 21:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Hyundai Elantra GT 11 days ago. I went from driving a huge 8 cylinder SUV to this small hatchback. I don't even miss my truck! I am thrilled every time I fill it up. I is half the price to fill and the gas lasts twice as long. The Elantra GT is exactly what I was looking for. It is fun to drive with plenty of room for all of my things. The sixty/forty split back seat allows for larger things to pass through than in the Elantra sedan. I am having a blast driving this cute little "zippy" car. I highly recommend it to anyone.

Better Than...
By Joe on 06/29/06 16:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and I prviously owned a Saturn Ion. Compared to that the Hyundai Elantra is head and shoulders above that competition. With the high mileage I put on a year I needed a great warranty. You can't beat 5yr/60,000mile bumper to bumper. We've had the car for under a year, but after 20,000 miles it still runs like new.

2nd Elantra
By Kelly on 06/19/06 23:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I checked alot of cars before buying the Elantra 5 speed hatchback. I owned a 2000 Elantra SW that gave me no problems for 6 years, the brakes were still just over 50%. Our 2nd car is a 2003 Camry auto, so I wanted something sportier. I ended up with an Elantra hatchback standard, fully loaded. H rated tires, sunroof, suspension package, fast, maneuvrable; and with tinted windows, and disabler ignition thrown in for free by the dealer, This is one fun car. Surprisingly better made than the 2000 Elantra. The Camry is a nice ride, but the Hatch is fun and very nice looking. The trip computor says I'm averaging 8.4L/100 KM. Hopefully that wil improve as the car breaks in

Long on Value
By Elton on 05/22/06 17:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I already own a Ford Focus and have owned Hondas, Nissans, and Toyotas. The first year's mediocre performance of my 2005 Ford Focus SE made me look to an import. Honda, Nissan, and Toyota have priced themselves out of the budget market without providing that much higher quality and finish than Hyundai. I had reservations about Hyundai, but I did my research and was surprised at the reviews. I've now owned this vehicle for a month and have averaged 27 mpg in city (Atlanta) driving. I have not found any quirks with the car and am pleased that I have had no buyer's remorse. The car could use a few more horsepower, but with the 5 speed is still respectable. It may be dated, but it's a bargain.

low expence car great warrenty
By Tim on 05/15/06 11:59 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The Car has had a few small problems, Nothing to do wih the engin or any of the mecanics just pieces of the interior comming off,Hyundai fixes with no problems. The car needs more HP badly its very slow off the start and passing Well dont try unless you have a lot of room to get by, its only got a 138 HP engin I believe adding about 40 more HP's would help emensly not to mention it would make it a lot more fun to drive But if youre looking for a good transport vehical its great for that I have the Hatch and with the back seat down you can put a lot of stuff in this little car Ive had it 5 months now and just went in for its 7,500 mile service no big problems as of yet

EXCELLANT!!!!
By eric on 03/02/06 13:52 PM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle is by far the best car i have owned ( 1st foreign made car owned) great all around!!

Nice
By JOe on 02/12/06 00:28 AM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

....didnt realize all the warranties and abilities this car has. At this point i'm satisfied, just purchased it today. Only 9 miles on it!

GREAT Little Car
By Tom Butler on 02/07/06 14:59 PM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Was skeptical at first of the EPA's mileage ratings. On the first trip, I obtained a consistant 38-40 mpg, highway. Around town, I'm getting 25- 28. Car is very comfortable, and the GT's suspension is very tight.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.