Used 2006 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

Hyundai NO way!
By Hyundia NO way!!

2006 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Such poor quality, It rides like a buck board and so much road noise it's deafening. The radio has a hissing that is growing with age. The cheap battery didn't even last two years. Cheap tires only lasted 26,000 mi. It has never seen 37 mpg not even on a flat road at 60 mph with no A/C. The 85 dollar drivers door gasket has disintegrated twice. I don't even drive it on a daily basis and the sea tbelt does not readily retract all the way. The seat springs are already starting to go. In the smallest amount of snow and Ice it gets stuck. The body is of such cheap metal It collapsed when I accidentally closed the hatch on the XM antenna. In dry so cal climate the steel wheels are already rusting

the full power package but who knows how long it will all work.

Melt them all down and try again, they are a waste of the cheap plastic and tin cans used to make them. I bought it because at the time Hyundai had the best mileage warranty,But at its rapid rate of overall decay I doubt it will last much more than the 100,000 mile warranty.

Great little car
By Norm

2006 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've got almost 50,000 miles on this car. Had to do nothing so far. I average 32 mpg overall. My only complaint is the AM radio reception - it is not good. FM and CD are great. Mine is all leather, standard transmission.

Leather seats, gas mileage computer

Better AM radio

great car!
By Joe

2006 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I never bought a Hyundai before, just tried it based on word of mouth. Car gets very good gas mileage (30+ mpg) and has a smooth ride. It does have a little trouble accelerating on steep hills. Also, turns and quick maneuvers are a breeze. I would highly recommend this car.

Fuel economy, room in the hatchback and a great warranty.

Interior seems a little cheap because it's plastic.

My Elantra
By pfk981

2006 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Elantra GT in feb 2006. I now have 50,000 miles. This has been a great car. No major problems. The only real complaint I have is the stock rear brakes are very soft brake pads. I always noticed that my rear wheels had more brake dust than my front (not normal). After they started making noise (35K) I replaced them with better pads and all is good. I enjoy driving it to and from work everyday. I would definitely purchase another one.

Mileage, mileage, mileage and of course price.

Better rear brake pads.

Love my car!
By dkt

2006 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car! It is cute and sporty and the performance is great. It has comparable power to other cars in its class and is much more affordable. There are a few quirks about the car, but the dealership where my maintenance is done has been really great. I've replaced the battery twice since I purchased the car in Feb 06 (July07 & Jan 08) . The dealership said "these things happen".I guess time will tell. The windshield washer fluid does not work when the temperature is below 32 degrees which can be very inconvenient. Also, I live in the mountains on a dirt road. I have to turn the TCS off to navigate some of the hills near my house. Otherwise, this is a great little reliable car.

This is my 2nd Elantra. Gets great gas mileage, purple dash board lights, sound system, comfortable, leather interior is easy to clean (I have a dog), sunroof, sporty, cute. I keep going back and forth about switching to an SUV because of where I live, but I am too attached to my car to give it up.

put better tires on the car. I only got 26000 miles on the michelin's that were on the car initially. I put a set of Bridgestone Potenza's on the car and 13000 miles later, they are great; the wear is perfect and performance is much better all around.