2005 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Review: Relatively Reliable and Good C

2005 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Review

2005 Hyundai Elantra

GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Relatively Reliable and Good Car
By HurriCane on

2005 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have 47K miles with the GLS five- speed manual transmission hatchback, and I haven't had any problem with the clutch or engine. Both have been maintained on a regular basis, usually a few hundred miles over every 3000. However, I did have to get the rear brakes replaced at 30K. But this because I was a little abusive with the parking brake while driving. Immaturity I guess. Everything else has been great, but the tape deck needed to be replaced with a more digital deck because of an electrical short at 45K miles. Overall, you gotta be realistic that this isn't going to drive like any type of high end roadster, however I have been impressed with the handling and gas mileage 28-35 usually.

Hatchback is awesome for storing things. I also love the manual transmission and I haven't had any issues. The power and mileage is great for a compact for under $15K, and the engine is still very good without any issues even after 47K miles.

Better tires. The stock tires are always ready to hydroplane. Also the some of the plastic interior is "flimsy" but the car did cost under $14K so I can happily live with that. An extension on the sun visor would also be appreciated.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review