2005 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Review: Great car... with bad surprise

2005 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Review

GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Great car... with bad surprises
By Jeffbiss007 on

2005 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Hyundai Elantra in march 2005 and I was totally satisfied with it! This car has a great look, does not consume a lot of gas and has enough power to shift any slow vehicle on any road. Also, this car really has a lot of space (can make 5 persons very comfortable, including 4 men over 6'0). But... Bad surprises appeared during the winter 2008/2009: My clutch began to slip more and more. I drive a manual car since I am 16 (12 years from now) and I never had troubles with clutches. And have always been gentle with my Elantra. Now, after 80000 km (50000 miles), my clutch is done, and I have to prove my dealership I did not beat my car:

Favorite Features

Lots of space! Can take 4 persons and 4 golf bags! Nice look, low fuel consumption, enough power for a normal driver.

Suggested Improvements

I bought a new car to have a warranty. Hyundai sold me a "bumper to bumper" warranty for 100000 km (60000 miles). Hope this warranty was not only for the parts that doesn't break during the warranty time. I still have few years driving this car and I hope no more surprises will come!