A Korean GTI
By flgtman on
2005 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
The Elantra GT is the Korean equivelant of the first Volkswagen GTI. Put a strong motor in a small car with a good suspension a decent 5 speed transmission, add a nice interior a good stereo and an attractive price and it will sell. I have seen as many new GT's as I did when I had purchased my GTI 20 years ago cruising down the road and passing me with a wave or knowing smile. This is a well thought out and quality built car that is fun to drive and turn's heads. I have had people ask numerous times if it's the new saab?
Favorite Features
I love the leather interior and the mp3 capable kenwood stereo that is as nice as an aftermarket system. the moonroof is nice as well as the folding rear seats that allow my 2 large dogs to cruise in style without damaging the leather. the interior is cavernous for a car of this size.
Suggested Improvements
I would love to see it with a V-6 option or a turbo. Also the GT should have a larger tire and wheel option. The 6 speed transmission from the Tiburon would be nice too. Hyundai has many loyal enthusiast the should have a performance shop like SVO, TRD or SRT like other manufacturer's