Used 2005 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Reviews

2005 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

Nothing better for the price
By J.C.

2005 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

If you are looking for a sporty, economy car, this is it! The others in its class don't even compare, especially on price and warranty. At 6'5" and 230lbs, I just do fit (more headroom if I'd not gotten the sunroof), but what a great commuter car.

Favorite Features

Great factory stereo, and interior ergonomics. Large cargo area.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing of importance, just fix airbag stickers on visors.

Good commuter car!
By BJ Pace

2005 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car new in October 2004. The only repair that it has needed was when my driver side window rubber folded over and the window didn't operated properly. That repair was covered under warranty. This car is economical, easy to park, and handles well. A plus is the leather is holding up. The moon roof slide and tilt are nice to use on a evening drive. I would recommend buying this car used because most 05's will still be under the manufacturers warranty.

Favorite Features

Tilt/slide roof - crisp night driving under the stars is fun.

Suggested Improvements

The little fold down storage on the dash nest to the driver's window is useless. Coins do not come out of it easily and I can't find a use for it. Instead make it so you can keep your cell phone in in by slanding it downward so when you stop it doesn't fall out.

Excellent Buy
By P Brantley

2005 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car within an hour of my test drive and haven't had a single regret so far. I just returned from a weekend trip to another state and have already put over 12oo miles on the car. I would rather drive this than my wife's Camry XLE. I am 6 ft and weigh 280 but the comfort and driveability are exceptional. Very smooth, not rough, tight steering, no power surge acceleration with cruise control even up steep hills. I have averaged 31-32 MPG. I am very pleased with this car and the service I received from the dealer who went the extra step and got my 4 points off my initial interest rate. I will look to Hyundai first for my next car.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride with a sports car feel. Seats are roomy and very comfortable even on long trips.

Suggested Improvements

Excellent just the way it is.

safest car i have ever owned
By lizzy8911

2005 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

i bought a 2005 elantra gt in october 2010 and i absolutely fell in love with it! i loved the whole package and the car was very affordable and great on gas! November 2010, 4 weeks after i purchased the car, i was in a bad car accident at speeds of 55 mph and i t-boned someone who turned in front of my car. I somehow managed to walk away from the accident without a single scratch on me. I would love to own this car again! and also the car i purchased was a reconstructed title so it was already in a car accident and managed to keep me alive. and i also found out i was pregnant during the crash too and baby survived also! I want another one so bad now that i have my daughter!

Zero problems
By morahno

2005 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Bought with 128k miles on it. Changed the battery and windshield wipers 'cause they were old, that's it. After 8 months and 10k have had absolutely no problems.I get 28 mpg combined. The exterior is pretty cool comparing to other cars with same age imo, the interior of course is not good looking, in high speeds it shakes sometimes, the steering wheel shakes a little most of the time, but for the money I paid and the reliability I got, I can overlook those.

Favorite Features

the MPG, Exterior, and I like the drive.