2005 Hyundai Elantra GLS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
Buy something else
By Displeased on 10/28/06 08:52 AM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The warrenty is worthless. They just say sorry we can't fix it. The engine rattles very bad and I guess we just have to live with it. The service man said that we have to use premium gas if we want any Hyundai to run normal. That didn't help either.

New Clutch at 30000
By Patrick on 09/28/06 12:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

New clutch at 30000 and not covered under "bumper to Bumper". I was the only one who drove it and I did not abuse it! Do not buy a manual transmission, because the clutch is not covered under bumper to bumper and they wear out prematurely. A Auto transmission is covered.

What a gas
By Eric on 09/18/06 16:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Elantra for 11,000 miles and are very pleased with performance. Especially fuel. Don't understand some other complaints on Edmunds about gas mileage as I get 36-37 on the open road. Went to Vermont and did almost 500 miles and still had just under 1/4 tank left. I have had trouble with rotor noise that the dealer fixed but now its back.

Hyandai Elantra
By draggonfly76 on 09/07/06 06:17 AM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The biggest problem I had with the car is the handling is slow, turns are wide, and curves you have to take slowly, mostly below the speed limit. Also the care dents very easily if you put your hand on the hood of the car and press down the metal will bend with your hand. You can have all the safety airbags in the world, but the car is made out of tin. The plus side of this car is it is great on gas I wouldn't have to fill my tank for over 2 weeks at a time.

red hyundai
By tina thompson on 09/03/06 19:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

it is a very dependable car, i have not had any problems with it. evrything works on the car the way it should, this was my first purchase of a new car.

Car on the budget that do what you need
By TOM on 08/27/06 00:03 AM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had a Kia Sorento EX 2005 and trade it for this little gas saver. I bought the Elantra with 24000 miles on it and now I had put 44000 miles on it without a problem. I had the car for 1 year and still going strong. I was driving 37 miles one way to work and I wasnít going to deal with the Kia Sorentoís gas usage. So, I started looking for a compact car to save gas money. I started looking at Honda, Toyota and other import brand. After my research I decided to buy the Elantra due to price. I like the car so far, no problem what so ever. It has enough horse power to do what I need and the gas usage is great. I get 26-27 city and 30-33 freeway and mine is a automatic GLS.

incredible for the price
By raybeem01 on 07/26/06 17:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Extremely well made for the price, runs flawlessly, with effective manuevering excelleration is ausumn when needed. Highway long distance driving, absolutely perfect. Negatives, some of the paneling in the trunk flimsy and easy to knock out of position. Should have cd player instead of tape in the radio system

Great Car to have
By zencat on 05/19/06 17:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

good reliable transportation with personality

Wonderful vehicle!
By Amy on 04/13/06 12:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My husband and I both have a 2005 Elantra. They are both great cars for the money! The features are superb and the ride is fantastic. Our cars are roomier than a VW Jetta and ride better too! Great pick up for a 4 cylinder; I can keep up with the best of them! The body style is classy and the vehicle has a solid feel that can't be beat. One of the best values on the market with the warranty! LOVE it!

This Car is Fantastic !!!
By Justin Smith on 04/12/06 19:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have been driving this car for 8 months or so and it has lived up to all my expectations. I skipped the sunroof and abs but couldn't be happier. I only have roughly 6000 miles on it (because I work and live at a college) but I take it on road trips home (3 hours one way) and it easily cruises at 80mph on the highway with no problems. The ride is generally excellent! I would call this car a crossbreed between a Volvo, a BMW 3 Series, and a Honda Civic. My friends are jealous that their cars arenít as nice and cheap and thatís the way I like it!