2005 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback Consumer Reviews 5

2005 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
Nice Car, Except.....
By Joe Sherman on 08/23/05 01:03 AM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Boy, there is a lot to like about Elantra. Best looking small car out there, much more plush, roomy, solid and fun to drive than Sentra, Corolla, Civic, Focus, etc.. But why does a car this size with a 4-cyl/5-spd get such poor gas mileage? Even driving over flat roads at 60mph, I cannot get better than the mid-20's for highway mileage. I have driven larger 6 and 8- cyl cars and gotten better mileage. C'mon Hyundai, you build a nice car, now get with the program and deliver better mileage (especially with gas costing $2.75/gal!!!).

Great Car
By Dean Shumaker on 08/20/05 19:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We are very please with the GT from Hyundai. We think for the money, it is the best buy in the market. We are planning on keeping it forever and with the 5 yr. bumper to bumper,roadside waranty, 20 yr. 200000 it will be predictable on repairs.

So far, so great!
By Titandan on 08/17/05 20:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car. I'm averaging 33.4 miles/gallon currently and am learning to bring up the mileage by driving carefully (braking less) and trying to cruise when I can. This is in city/hwy driving. When gas is an issue, this car solves the problem. At first, the mileage was about 25-26 mpg and it has drastically improved recently. It is very comfortable and the leather was standard. The CD/audio/radio AM&FM are heck of a lot better than the Honda Civic's and the sound is a lot more crisp and clear. This car is peppy and the struts are very tight. I guess that's what comes with a "sporty" suspension. A little more spring wouldn't hurt, but I like the car as a whole.

Just what the wallet ordered
By SlashDaddee on 08/17/05 10:42 AM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Shopped Civic, Corolla, Focus and all others but none could give a total package vehicle. They might be equal or slightly better in one area but none could deliver everything and a great price, except Hyundai. Elantra was the only one that had ABS, traction control, gas mileage, leather, cruise, sunroof, hatchback, 6 speakers, side airbags, automatic, HUGE warranty, and best price ... $14,500 paid. I'm getting 30 miles to the gallon (highway driving) and the engine isn't even broken in yet. I'm 6'1" and the car has plenty of room for my legs. The storage space with the hatchback is good. Overall, I got more for my money than I ever expected when I started shopping.

What More Could You Possibly Want?
By Jet Jockey on 08/16/05 22:51 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

What a great car! I was going to replace my Accent with another Accent, but after seeing and driving the Elantra hatchback, I was hooked. I got out the door for only $13k, and that included a moonroof and CD player. Considering it was only $2200 more than a sparsely equipped Accent GT, it was an incredible bargain. Handles great, extremely comfortable, engine is smooth and powerful, transmission is silky. It's too early to tell about reliability, but if it's like my '01 Accent, it will be a gem. My first tankful of gas gave me 35 mpg (mostly highway driving). Stylish car!

Spiffy!
By Pat on 08/11/05 17:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great looking, comfortable, quiet on the highway. Sunroof very solid. I'm getting about 30MPG after 1000 miles of mostly highway driving. Test drove both automatic and 5-speed. 5-speed is more responsive. In the very hot months of July and Aug., the a/c works like a charm!

Can't afford the GT, Buy GLS Hatchback
By Richard on 07/29/05 22:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

For the money, the best car you'll find GLS Hatch, hss same underpinnings and stearing as GT. Save the $2 G's if you don't have it. Get the CD player with 6 speakers & cruise. Get a respecable 28 mpg overall.

What a pleasant surprise!
By Canuck fan on 07/27/05 12:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

On our list we originally had the Vibe/Matrix, Impreza, PT and Cobalt; the Elantra was a last-minute addition due to a good review I read; never would have considered it otherwise. We in time narrowed our choice to the Vibe and Elantra, and back to back there is no comparison between the two. The Elantra rides much better (my fillings are still resetting from the Vibe test), has a bigger and more useful trunk, has great leg room front and back, and gets virtually the same MPG. The 5-speed shifts nicely, and all controls felt intuitive. And... a fully equipped GT was less than a near-base Vibe. Add to that a five year full warranty, and you've got one great car.

What a great car!
By Roydjt on 07/20/05 16:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have driven this car for over a year now, and I have put it to the full test. I have been nothing but satisfied with its comfort, performance, reliability, and efficiency. I feel that I got more for my money than with any other car on the market. I find it to be stylish and I am glad that it's different from all the other econoboxes on the road. It hauls a large load with ease due to the hatchback design with 60/40 folding rear seats, and it's fast, too!

I love it!
By Dude on 07/04/05 12:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought this car and I love it already!. This car is very practical for a college student such as myself.