2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Consumer Reviews 4

2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
Bad Clutch
By disapointed on 02/07/08 17:33 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

For the money it is a decent car. Currently has 43K Miles and like so many others have reported the clutch went out and is not covered under warranty ($1,200 repair) it also has problems with the head lights going going bad. The dealer also said the radiator clamps were leaking at 43K and the belts need to be replaced. I bought this for my daughter and I drive a 1998 Ford F150 with 125K and have never had to do antything other than change the oil, brakes, battery & tires. It surprises me that I am facing so many costly repairs in just 3 years with the Hyundai Elentra.

Save your money
By Unhappy on 08/18/07 22:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a nightmare!I have driven it 37000 miles and so far I have had 3 headlights replaced, the car is rusting out and paint is peeling off. Clutch and transmission both went last night with no warning. Dealership said "sorry its out of warrenty". So much for America's best warrenty.

My second
By true on 06/09/07 19:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Elantra. My first was a 2001. I didn't intend to buy a car when I went on the lot, but the value and improvements in the interior got me. I did have some trouble with the gas mileage at first, but switched from ethanol to regular unleaded and my mpg has increased to approx. 28 in town, and 34 on highway. I have had quite a few headlights go out, which was also a problem with my 2001. Solution seems to be to replace both at the same time. Minor work has been done..mostly cosmetic rather than repairs.

A Great Little Car!
By suzie on 06/09/07 00:31 AM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased this car new a little over 2 years ago and haven't regretted the purchase yet! My husband drives a lot of miles for his job, and the gas mileage/price is what attracted us to this car. It handles nicely and has the right amount of get-up-and-go for highway and interstate driving. We were also attracted to the safety features. We haven't had to do any service on the car other than routine maintenance, but we have had to have the little clips that hold the floor mats down replaced a few times on the driver's side - they seem to break off easily. This car is surprisingly roomy and comfortable.

my elantra
By keith on 04/28/07 10:23 AM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, I love my Elantra. At first I was skeptical of Hyundai, but I have been pleasantly surprised and impressed. It took me a while to get used to the brake feel- no feedback, feel was not progressive, so they were difficult to modulate. This was just a matter of getting used to the car, the brake feel is not a continuing issue.

Jury's Still Out
By Jeff on 04/15/07 17:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Pretty good ecomony car, but DO NOT buy a standard! Clutch failed and is not covered under the bumpper to bumper warrenty. Cost to fix - around $1,000.

Watch Out
By kwiff1939 on 03/06/07 01:28 AM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

quality of leather poor, color off on driver seat back within three months. replacement has same problem. dealership will not replace again. driver door weather seal poor. wore away within few months. replaced one time only. replacement worn out as well. same problem existed on 2002 elantra. replaced three times before trading car in.too many ordinary wear and tear answers. headlight and battery replaced under warranty. hyundai usa will not help. states that the district manager has last say. gas milage poor compared to other similar makes.

good
By elantra on 11/04/06 10:39 AM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I like the price. Handles well.

awesome car
By nellie2488 on 11/02/06 10:20 AM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my car over a year ago, and haven't had one problem yet. I love my car, this is the third hyundia that my family has owned. It's a great car and my family highly recommends it. It's the first car I personally have bought brand new. It's great for driving long distances.

Buy something else
By Displeased on 10/28/06 08:52 AM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The warrenty is worthless. They just say sorry we can't fix it. The engine rattles very bad and I guess we just have to live with it. The service man said that we have to use premium gas if we want any Hyundai to run normal. That didn't help either.