2005 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
2005 Elantra GT - Ottawa, Canada
By Eric on 05/21/06 11:13 AM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After 3 months of highway driving, there was a very noticeable vibration in the steering wheel at speeds greater than 100 Km/hr. The rack & pinion was replaced free of charge, but I was charged for an alignment. Two weeks later, the vibration was back. This time I was charged for a wheel re-balancing. The CD player was repaired three times in a year. The tires were bald after 40,000 Km. There is excessive brake and wind noise. The driver's front headlight bulb has been repalced twice in 40,000 km (I seldom drive at night, so only the running lights are on).

great auto
By ariola on 05/20/06 08:43 AM (PDT)

good handling,& comfort,winter & summer

My GT
By Clyde Vandivort on 05/19/06 14:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have mostly enjoyed my Elantra GT (we have another GT, and '03 model). I live in the mountains of West Virginia, and do a lot of driving due to working 45 miles away. My GT is fun to drive on the twisty roads, and returns excellent gas mileage. The stereo works great and keeps me entertained enroute. My only complaint is that I have some vibration on braking, due to warped brake rotors. I am surprised at this, with only 12,000+ miles.

Love my car
By Amy on 03/05/06 14:12 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. It is fun to drive and in a world of high gas prices, it's easy on the wallet. I found that my Elantra is more roomy than I anticipated and I would buy another in a heart beat.

Excellent Choice
By Regina on 02/17/06 21:42 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

When I first saw the car on the showroom floor I knew that was what I wanted. A 5 door vehicle. I love the hatchback. Once you unlock your doors all you have to do is raise the back. It's great not to have to look for the key. Lots of room. Great on the highway.

tremendous value
By wonderwall on 01/16/06 17:39 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car to replace a much beloved Mazda Protege 5 which was totalled in an accident. The Hyundai is more comfortable at the expense of handling, but I am very pleased. Initial fuel economy wasn't so great, but is improving with each tank. I am impressed with how quiet it is once speed has been reached. The cargo area is quite spacious and the seats are almost as comfortable as Volvos I've ridden in. Fit & finish are top notch and I found material quality better than the Honda Civic that I looked at. Feels like a more expensive car than it really is.

Great Value
By hyundaifan on 12/25/05 23:31 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought in Mar of O5 and now have 11k miles on it. Car has been flawless. Traction control great on icy roads. Starts great in below zero weather. Gas mileage consistently between 27 and 33 mpg. Handling is nice not to stiff and rides much nicer and quieter than my 02 Honda civic. Stereo good. Cannot see why anyone would pay the extra money for a Honda which is several thousand more with less equipment. Warranty is unbeatable and overall quality seems to be great. I would recommend this car to anyone that is looking for a great car at a great price.

not for the long haul
By P.G on 11/28/05 15:52 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great little commuter car, 32 mpg, not a car for long trips. Seats poor quality, even in the "upscale" GT model. The car has been reliable with 32K in under 10 months.

Great Buy!
By sean on 11/18/05 00:45 AM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Excellent car, highly recommend to everyone. Only complaint about the car is it only gets 27 MPG on the highway regardless how you drive it. Will buy Hyundai vehicles from now on!

A fun car
By Jared on 10/27/05 15:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

When I bought the Elantra I was looking for a fairly sensible yet fun car. I am delighted to say that I found one. It handles smoothly and doesn't slouch on the highway.