2005 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
Overall good car for a small family
By Joseph Teague on 12/20/04 19:16 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We have owned Hyundias for several years and enjoy the cost free driving and the small car look. They have great room inside and trunk space. If you're looking for a low priced, good quality car with great coverage and low insurance payments this is the car for your family!

I love my car
By lillaura01 on 12/20/04 17:13 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is excellent for the price. It drives very well; my friends constantly remark about how smooth the ride is. Gas mileage is great. Of course, this isn't a luxury car, but I enjoy my sunroof and power everything. I travel a great deal for work, and I've never had a problem. It's also comforting to know that I have roadside assistance any time I need it and an unbeatable warranty. I highly recommend this car.

Helpful Hints
By amber on 12/06/04 01:26 AM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car performs well, but is slow on take- off. I can hear air at the windows when driving fast. One sensor had to be replaced in 5 years of ownership. Would purchase another because of warranty.

Elantra
By eex_heywood on 11/30/04 19:48 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

So far, so good! Love the car...looks ALOT better than the 97 Elantra we traded in for it! Little funny acting in 3rd gear around town..kinda quirky or something, but straightens out at 2000 rpms. Only 1200 miles on it now, but so far this car's very good! I'd recommend one to anyone looking for a smaller family vehicle, without any worries.

Comfort for the tall driver
By Track Guy on 11/27/04 18:39 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I looked at Ford Focus, Mazda 3i, and Dodge Neon. I bypassed the Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla because of their more expensive price tags as I was looking for economy at a reasonable price. The Ford Focus I ruled out as soon as I sat in it due to the fact that I am 6'2" and the seat had absolutely no thigh support and was very uncomfortable. The Mazda 3i was a bit better, but the noise in the car at highway speeds was very disappointing. When I sat in the Elantra, I liked it immediately due to it's adjustable front seat which provided comfortable thigh support. After a test drive I was sold...it performed very nicely and had more standard equipment on the base model than the others.

Love my Elantra
By Krista_L on 11/25/04 21:35 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my new Elantra. I went from driving a '92 tercel to this car, and the difference is astounding even though I got the base model. It's extremely comfortable, and so much nicer looking than the price suggests it should be. People have told me that it looks like a Saab or even a small jaguar.

elantra
By bsmiley on 11/09/04 20:26 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i really enjoy my Hyndai it is really a good car for your $$$$$.....i love the road side assistance....Yes I would buy another one

Second Elantra in 2 years
By lovetosavegas on 11/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We had our GT hatchback for 2 years now and when I had to replace my other car, another Elantra had all the features that I wanted for a good price. Mazda3, Corolla, Civic and Kia Spectra were my other choices but Elantra still has the best value for the money IMHO

2005 GT Sedan
By tvilberg on 10/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I went to a Hyundai dealer Toyota and Subaru. The Hyundai was, by far, the most fun to drive and the best value. The snappy 2L 4 cyl engine couples well with the 5-speed to produce a sports-car driving experience. The car handles exceptionally well in curves. I was so surprised by how much fun driving a GT was that I bought one. The exterior finish and design are first-rate, as is the awsome feature list. The GT comes with leather seats and all of the ammenities of an upscale roadster --- but at a price near a sub-compact. The only feastures I can think to improve would be the seats (a bit stiff and the mileage (34mpg hwy). The real-time mpg display inhibits flogging the engine, too.

It's Cute!
By NikNikNik on 10/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've only had it a couple of days, but so far, so good! It's really cute, lots of features, great price, and drives well! Mine is GT fully loaded with all the bells and whistles for under 19k!