2005 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
Save your money- buy this car!!
By Social Work Guy on 12/29/04 00:14 AM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 2nd Elantra, this time I stepped up to the GT package (with the moonroof and ABS) and do not regret it! It is a nice tight handling sedan, has much of the personality similar to the late 80's Honda's (back when they were FUN and not just appliances...). Super car for todays $$. I have been a diehard Honda fan for 20 years, I am a happy and elated Hyundai fan now! Drive this car before you buy any other compact- you won't be disappointed with the value. Oh yeah- gotta love that warranty. Only had 1 warranty repair in 75k on the old 2002 Elantra. Reliability is not an issue for this car.

Elantra Over Civic? Yes
By Jim on 12/28/04 13:22 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Decided to try the Elantra over Civic based on general good feel of Elantra in test drive and about $3,500 less cost than Civic. Get as good or better millage and the only complaint is that I felt the wiper blades were not right - dealer replaced on drive in to service in about 25 minutes. So far, I love the good feelings of saving $$ and gas and overall performance is A+++++. Great radio also. Highly recommended.

I love my Elantra GT 2005
By nick on 12/26/04 23:09 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After visiting a Mazda dealer for used Protege5 2003 car, I went to the Hyundai dealer. The Protege5 2003 is a very good car, but when I tested the 2005 Elantra GT, I felt completly in love. First this car is very funny to drive, even in winter weather (it was - 15 Celsius, and full of snow when I drove the car for the first time - in Montreal, Quebec). I tested the car for at least an hour, and my choice was made....financing package was unbeatable - 0%/5years - first payment will be in May 2006!!!! I bought the GT premium version - sunroof, ABS (great brakes), spoiler...but no TCS (Traction Control), they told me it comes only in the GT version, no premuim...I did not understand why...

Gr8 Car!
By ITSME on 12/26/04 14:30 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my Elantra a little over a week. I have already been on 2 long trips. It does so good. I love it. My friends all love it. And even my friends who said "Dont get a Hyundai" are very impressed! And are thinking about getting one! The car drives very well. I love the gas mileage, espically coming from an SUV. Its very roomy. Drives great. And has an awesome Heat/A/C system! I love my car. I hope to keep it for a long time.

Great
By steve on 12/26/04 07:59 AM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I got up to 38MPG on two tripsand average over 27 average over 11000 miles. Better than I could have ever expected. No problems so far but like the 100000 mile warranty

Exceptional Car
By Mark on 12/21/04 18:12 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is a fine car in every respect: comfortable, maneuverable, fun-to- drive,and totally reliable. Our gas mileage has averaged 30.2 mpg since purchase in Feb. 2004. Build quality is excellent - no rattles or other unexpected noises. Everything works as expected. The blue-light instruments are very easy to see. The heater/ac system controls are direct and effective. The back is quite spacious. We folded down the easy-to-use rear seats, and now have plenty of room for our two medium-sized dogs. As for performance, the handling is confident with an incredibly tight turning radius. Comfortable, but firm ride (GT model) with good brakes. All in all, this is an amazing automotive value.

Great!
By lindsaymcarthur on 12/21/04 00:56 AM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is an excellent car, handles well, well built, zero repairs in 30000 miles, corners well, good acceleration. It has 1/8 clearance inside, the paint on the bumpers is very poor about a 2 and the only real drawback. Best car I've owned.

Wow, excellent car!
By Christopher McAllist on 12/20/04 22:29 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

You can't beat the quality for the unbelievably low price. Leather interior for under 20k is unheard of! Awesome fuel economy; again you will never beat the quality of this car for the price you pay.

My Second Elantra
By golfergod on 12/20/04 21:41 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My first Elantra was a '97 which I bought new in Michigan. I drove it for 8 years and spent less than 600 dollars for repairs during the 8 years. When it came time for a new car to drive around town I chose another Elantra. No one sells a better car for the price. I sold my old car to a neighbor who could not be more pleased (neither could his 16 year old daughter who drives it.) The car is loaded with premium features for a bargain price. It is comfortable, reliable, and economical. What more could you possibly ask from a car which cost under $12,000 including tax and delivery? I could use a CD player instead of the standard tape player but for 200 bucks that was easy to fix.

Overall good car for a small family
By Joseph Teague on 12/20/04 19:16 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We have owned Hyundias for several years and enjoy the cost free driving and the small car look. They have great room inside and trunk space. If you're looking for a low priced, good quality car with great coverage and low insurance payments this is the car for your family!