Used 2005 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Reviews - 242 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Reviews

2005 Hyundai Elantra

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

2005 Hyundai Elantra
By KTM

2005 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My primary concern when buying a new car was warranty. That led me to Hyundai. I drove the Elantra, and the 06 Sonata. I liked them both, but went with the lower payment. I'm impressed with the car and am enjoying it. I get great mileage, and a comfortable ride. If you're looking for a good car that's priced right, and has a fantastic warranty to back it up drive one. Best part about the warranty is you can make the 10 year 100k mileage bumper to bumper (less wear items) for only 700 bucks. A no brainer in my book. I

Fuel mileage, standard options, comfort

This car desperately needs an always hot power port so I can charge my cell when the keys are out of the ignition, trunk release on remote, cd player and slightly better speakers, quieter ride. (I say that with reservations because I've driven V6's for the last 10 years so maybe it's just me.)

Great Value
By Helen

2005 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car because I needed something cheap to get me through college. I am so pleased with my purchase. It's a basic car, but the warranty makes me feel comfortable having it for the next however many years. My only complaints are that the keyless entry does not come with a trunk release, and that a CD player is not standard. Also, sometimes I find that I have to absolutely slam the trunk before it will latch, so check that out when you're looking.

Fuel econonmy; price

Trunk release on the keyless entry, CD player- I mean seriously, who uses a cassette player anymore?

My First "New" Car
By Sylvia

2005 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I'm very happy with our New Elantra (so far) Just waiting to see how it will handle this winter in the Ice and Snow. With the rising price of gas...I can't complain yet about fuel efficiency..but then again I've had it about four months and have not hit the 1000 mark.

Standard CD Player....Maybe more chrome accents on the exterior

Best car I have bought
By rich

2005 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

What can I say. The best car in price range. Hyundai has come a long way!

Everything, well almost.

Takes bumps in road a little hard. The dash should light up purple for all models just not GT.

After a half dozen Hondas...
By Ralph Stein

2005 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I didn't think I'd buy anything but a Honda again. A looming bill for an expensive selective college for my teen made me rethink the equation. So I test drove a Hyundai. It felt like a Honda, had a comfortable interior (I'm 6'2") and for a little over 16G I got the most feature-loaded car I've ever had. The sales experience was also the most low pressured ever and after two months of driving this car I'm thrilled with it. Will probably upgrade to another Hyundai - in four years.

Traction control system, ABS brakes, decent CD/AM/FM 6-speaker stereo, keyless entry w/alarm, easy handling and comfortable ride.

Beter basic stereo system, no big deal.