2005 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
I own a unicorn
By iankeefe on 02/10/05 14:54 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So far its a neat car. I think the exterior styling is top notch. It doesnt appear to be trying to look cool. Nice wheels, and contrasting body moldings. Look at the back of the car at night with the tail lights on. No lie, it has a smiling face. Alot like a Jack-O-Lantern. You'll think I am nuts until you look.

Move over Civic and Corolla
By JF on 02/04/05 15:35 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this car about a week and love it for a compact. It has more driver's legroom, rides better, has more power, steers better, and just overall is a nicer car than my '99 Civic was. Top it off with a much better warranty than Honda or Toyota offer and for thousands less.

3200 miles and engine light on.
By James A Haskin on 01/29/05 18:08 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have 3200 miles on my Elantra. I check all systems and fluids on a very regular basis. Yesterday, the engine warning light came on. No reason found in preliminary check. Having it towed in tomorrow to dealership. Very disappointed

2005 Elantra
By Rob on 01/28/05 08:10 AM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I compared & test drove many many vehicles including the Kia Spectra before purchasing the Elantra. For a communter car, the overall quality, reliability and pricing made this a no brainer. The only complaint I have is the gas mileage during local/city driving. I get great mileage on the highway but the city/local mileage seems to suffer severely. But I guess I should not complain too much because the gas mileage is way better than my Chevy Suburban. I did not get the $300 CD Player option, instead purchased an Alpine/Kenwood system & installed it myself for the same price. Overall I think this is an excellent value when everything is factored in.

A very good car and a great value
By dclurker on 01/25/05 20:32 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Owning this car makes you feel smug because you spent about $3,000 less than someone buying a comparably equipped Civic or Corolla. My Elantra has everything (including ABS/Traction Control) except a sunroof, and I paid less than $15,000 out-the-door. The car is well-built and fun to drive. If you're in the market for a compact, give the Elantra a test drive; you'll be glad you did.

I love it!
By Colleen Ryan on 01/21/05 19:33 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had to be talked into buying this car against my wishes, but I love it. The car is smooth, reliable, has wonderful design (everything necessary is within reach) and the warranty CANNOT BE BEAT! I bought this car used with only 10,500 miles on it and had a bearing go within the first month. No problem. I took it into the dealership and they fixed it and changed the oil just for good measure while they had it at no charge! I didn't believe the warranty could be that good or that reliable, but it is. Am getting ready to trade mine in for a new one because of how fast I put miles on it (and that is the only reason). Yhinking I might try the Sonata this time. It is a wonderful car!

Great buy for the money!
By Manuel Duran on 01/19/05 23:10 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Very comfortable ride, excellent braking performance, acceleration and comfort. Steering is an excellent plus and it's an easy to maneuver vehicle.

Best Car in Class for the Money!
By GTsmokeya on 01/19/05 18:45 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second Elantra GT and I love it the amount of and more importantly the quality of the features you get - above most manufacturer's. To top the list, the best warranty I have ever seen. Great company; very customer oriented. I love the semiannual newsletter from Hyundai. Both my dealer and Hyundai have been great and follow up in a profesional manner.

an unexpected surprise
By nogo on 01/16/05 23:29 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my car for a mouth and I can say that it is very easy to drive. It doesn't matter if it's snow, ice, rain covered roads - this thing can do it. I really looked this car over and was surprised by how much is done to it. I could not find any flaws in the paint or any rust on the suspension or exhaust. I live on a 5 lane highway with a 55mph limit This car can get me up to speed right out of my driveway pretty good. I'm happy it has an independant rear suspension (Honda didn't). The seats leave a little to be desired but If they were too comfortable you'd fall asleep at the wheel. Excellent buy!

Love it
By Stephanie on 01/16/05 18:33 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my '04 Civic for this car last week and so far I'm loving it. The Hyundai has a lot more features for the same price as the Civic, and it's better looking and more fun to drive. I also read that Hyundai is rated second only to Lexus for customer satisfaction. Although Honda is known as a very reliable car, I think Hyundai is just as good and pays more attention to the little details that make you love your car.