2005 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
Don't think twice!
By Neal in Eugene, OR on 03/07/05 08:21 AM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

In a world that is all about names and labels, it is nice to stand out from the crowd. Hyundai isn't the brand it once was. The Elantra is by far a better car than its competition, even WITHOUT factoring price. The car has a great suspension, smooth, but tight in corners. It's absurdly quiet inside compared to other cars in its class. The quality and fit and finish are better than Civic. The design is not boring whatsoever. When you sit in this car and drive it every day, you don't feel like you "settled". The warranty is really just icing on the cake, you won't need to use it. Hyundais are engineered better than Hondas: example: Hondas use plastic radiators, Hyundais use metal.

The Elantra
By KEITH on 03/04/05 11:19 AM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My wife & I went to the local dealership with every intention of trading in our old Accent for another new one. The dealership offered us an Elantra for the same price, so it was a no brainer to upgrade. Everything about the Elantra is so much better than the Accent, it's just a different class of vehicle. Good room and fuel economy are its major selling points, with no problems after five months and five thousand miles. Overall, no real complaints, though I would have liked a sunroof and/or anti-lock brakes.

I Love This Car
By Joanna on 02/28/05 10:07 AM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is a very nice driving car. I do alot of traveling and have had no problems with the heavy strain I put on the car. I'd buy another again, and recommend it to anyone.

Happy with my Elantra GT
By Californiaguy on 02/27/05 03:11 AM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra GT SULEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my second Elantra, and so far I am extremely happy with the car. Everything I could ask for is there, and improved compared to my previous Elantra. Before I bought it, I test-drove a few different cars, that is the one I like the most. Hyundai, keep up the great work!

Believe
By Hyundai Fan on 02/19/05 23:10 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2002 Elantra GT (manual transmission, ABS, moonroof) in October of 2002. 2 and1/2 years later, I'm convinced it was one of the smartest things I've ever done. Seats are comfortable, ride is smooth and quieter than my wife's 2001 Neon, no mechanical problems, and it's a great looking car inside and out. Quality look and feel of the leather and controls and more rear legroom than you're likely to find in a compact car. Love the storage capacity with the seats folded. I bought an old house and do lots of home imporvement projects myself. I'm always amazed at how much stuff I can fit in there with ease.

A Standard Setter for the Genre
By Clint on 02/17/05 20:57 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After driving US, Euro, and Japanese cars for 40 years, I came to understand that you go with the manufacturer who is trying hardest. For now, that seems to be Hyundai. The Elantra has begun to come out of the shadow of it's big sister - Sonata - to earn well deserved praise. After driving this car for several months, now, I have found only one mistake: When you drop the automatic shift lever down to the stop, it lands in third gear, rather than Drive. This can result in straining the engine, on the highway, unless you notice it. Otherwise, the design features appear to be literally flawless. It's tame, comfortable basic transport, but it wants to frolic. It may surpirse you!

First Hyundai Experience
By Matthew Dickey on 02/17/05 00:42 AM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have always bought American for no good reason but I took a chance on the Elantra Hatchback because I needed a practical family car. I love it! For the price, I have a great car with a sunroof, quasi-leather seats that fold completely flat in the back, and a fun drive. I recommend it and have had no problems after a few months of ownership.

The Best Car I Ever Had
By A-Dog on 02/16/05 20:02 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is the second car I have purchased from Hyundai. I had a 1997 Elantra, that recently traded in.The only problem I had with that car was the rransmission and that was in 2002.

Great First Car purchase
By Benjamin Nazario Jr on 02/16/05 15:50 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Great performance, very smooth on road, great first car purchase. Saves me alot on gas. But need to include ABS as standard option with cruise control. Needs better speakers for good quality. Overall outstanding car.

Great car!
By Meghan on 02/12/05 22:09 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Value! It's inexpensive, yet comes loaded with features. I haven't had any problems thus far. I was surprised to have leather seats, an MP3 player, power windows, rear window defroster, etc for the price. The car is one of the more roomy ones for it's class. I'm a tall and bigger person and although I'm not able to spread ou like in a luxury or larger car, I'm still comfortable. Trust me, I've sat in the other cars in the Elantra's class and price range and they all seemed to have less room for the front seats. I highly recommend the Elantra. It was my first major purchase (I'm a college student), and although I was very scared of the commitment, I didn't have any buyer's remorse.