Used 2005 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

Love to drive it!
By aauummm

2005 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my 2003 Elantra for the 2005 Elantra GT, four door. The GT is well worth it. I like the leather seats but think they should be heated. The car is comfortable on the road and in town. On the road it rides like a much larger sized car. It takes curves like a sports car. Its roomy and well laid out on the inside. I've added HID headlights, a Wheelskins leather steering wheel cover and an exterior temperature monitor.

Power sun roof. Snappy engine. Nice looking wheels.

Heat for the leather seats. Exterior temperature gage. Beef up the floor covering over the spare tire in the trunk.

Great Car
By Hyundai Man

2005 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I got my 05 Elantra last month, and have put over 700 miles on it. It is a great car-much better than any of its competitors. Purchase price was $11,600, and it is the best value for the money. It has a peppy engine that has a nice growl, and handling is similar to a Jetta. Its very agile around tight corners, and really holds well to the road. I would strongly suggest this car, and think the world of the great warranty!

A/C and Heat are awesome..and they work fast. All features work well, and the CD stereo system is above average. Comfort is also outstanding.

I would like a trunk release on the keyless entry system.

My Elantra
By Jessica

2005 Hyundai Elantra GT SULEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my new 2005 Elantra for 1 week and from day 1 I just fell in love. It handles beautifully! The gas mileage is unbelieveable! Wonderful car, we're very happy.

I'd say my favorite part of the car is how it handles. So smooth. I love all of the features because they're not complicated, very simple to figure out.

I wish mine had cruise control.

A fun car
By Jared

2005 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

When I bought the Elantra I was looking for a fairly sensible yet fun car. I am delighted to say that I found one. It handles smoothly and doesn't slouch on the highway.

I like the responsiveness of the steering. I can change lanes quickly with little jerk to the motion.

A little more head room for taller people. My wife is 6 feet tall and somtimes has problems when she drives. I being 5 feet 9 inches don't have this problem.

Best car I ever purchased
By bernie

2005 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

At the age of 50 I have owned my share of cars, THIS is the BEST car I have owned. It hugs and holds to the road in down pouring rain with no problems, I anticapte NO problems this winter with the snow. The warrente was the orignal reason I first started looking into a Hyundai, one I test drove it I was hooked. I HIGHLY recomend this car, it is GREAT!!!!

Stereo system, came with 6 speakers, and the sun/moon roof!!!!!!!!!!!! And the way it picks up speed on the highway, you Do have to be careful you can hit 80 mph without even realizing it.

NONE!!!!!