Used 2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

2005 Hyundai Elantra Review
By md2011

2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS SULEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

1st hyundai purchased. Such a good car ended up buying two more hyundais 09 and 11 elantra! Bought this car after it was leased in Dec 05. Have this car over 5 years and never have been disappointed. Only service needed Made (Jul 04)is: Standard oil changes, replaced front brakes, first set of tires @ 30k and a new battery @30k The car has never broke down on us has been very reliable. MPG is good not great very heavy car for the size. We can get 24mpg out of it combined. Tons of features for a low price. For a economy car it is very spunky and has nice handling smooth on the road even rough roads. Pros: Great value, reliable Cons: AM Radio reception poor Awesome Car!

Great package overall for this car! Highly impressed still got it and it still runs strong!

Improve AM reception, Heavy car for its size, MPG could be a little better

A no frills car
By Vinod

2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this amidst much warning from all friends and ignorant people who tend to be scared about buying anything other than a Toyota or a Honda from the used cars. Reason why I bought this was how Elantras offered the same features and higher power than a corolla or a civic at a much lower price. After having driven this for more than 16,000 miles, I am very pleased with this car. I have not had any bad experiences and the maintenance has only been preventive maintenance like transmission oil change, brake rotor change etc.

Nice overall package with small user friendly features like a small box beside the steering which can be used for coins for tolls. 2005 model elantras is actually quite a looker. And you should actually see how quickly it gets sold in the used car market.

Can't really think of anything much assuming you are not expecting a drag car out of this. This is more like a day to day office commute car + if you want to do something like a 100-150 miles drive on the weekend.

Great for high mileage drivers
By Renee

2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS SULEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car "new" (it was a demo car with 160,00 KM on it) in 2005. Currently, it's traveled 300,000 KM (just over 200,000 miles) with only maintenance service so far. I had to service the clutch at 250,000 km - and have had the breaks done 2x (unfortunately full replacement due to the salted roads in Canada). As far as reliability goes it's been an awesome car for me, though it's not luxurious, it does get the job done!

The extra dashboard jack - makes it so I can charge the phone or run the Ipod and the GPS at the same time

I would love to see an audio-in jack for MP3 players. That's really the only thing I can find wrong with it!

Love our Hyundai
By David

2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love our 2005 Hyundai. We bought it because it was the best bang for the buck and we've had 0 problems with it even after owning it for 3 years now. The only thing I've done with the car is get the brake pads fixed. I've had to buy a new battery, but that's about it. I could not be happier with the car. It is true that the door handles and some other of the interior knobs might feel cheap but that's not important to me. They don't break, it's just I've read that things like that might make a difference for some people.

driving experience: I love how you sit in relation to the road and the car has just enough pep.

Windshield Wipers. The only thing that does drive me crazy. They didn't get the timing down for the windshield wipers. When it rains I have to be constantly changing the timing because it's never right.

Excellent Warranty
By Yoga

2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The car is solidly built. I moved around a lot and the car still stand up well after 5 years. The warranty is great. They found problems with the CV boots, cylinders, and all 4 shocks, they replace them all for free! This car is going to last a few more years!

Exceptional quiet ride

Interior, which they have improved on the 09 model.