2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Consumer Reviews 16

2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
Helpful Hints
By amber on 12/06/04 01:26 AM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car performs well, but is slow on take- off. I can hear air at the windows when driving fast. One sensor had to be replaced in 5 years of ownership. Would purchase another because of warranty.

Elantra
By eex_heywood on 11/30/04 19:48 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

So far, so good! Love the car...looks ALOT better than the 97 Elantra we traded in for it! Little funny acting in 3rd gear around town..kinda quirky or something, but straightens out at 2000 rpms. Only 1200 miles on it now, but so far this car's very good! I'd recommend one to anyone looking for a smaller family vehicle, without any worries.

Comfort for the tall driver
By Track Guy on 11/27/04 18:39 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I looked at Ford Focus, Mazda 3i, and Dodge Neon. I bypassed the Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla because of their more expensive price tags as I was looking for economy at a reasonable price. The Ford Focus I ruled out as soon as I sat in it due to the fact that I am 6'2" and the seat had absolutely no thigh support and was very uncomfortable. The Mazda 3i was a bit better, but the noise in the car at highway speeds was very disappointing. When I sat in the Elantra, I liked it immediately due to it's adjustable front seat which provided comfortable thigh support. After a test drive I was sold...it performed very nicely and had more standard equipment on the base model than the others.

Love my Elantra
By Krista_L on 11/25/04 21:35 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my new Elantra. I went from driving a '92 tercel to this car, and the difference is astounding even though I got the base model. It's extremely comfortable, and so much nicer looking than the price suggests it should be. People have told me that it looks like a Saab or even a small jaguar.

elantra
By bsmiley on 11/09/04 20:26 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i really enjoy my Hyndai it is really a good car for your $$$$$.....i love the road side assistance....Yes I would buy another one

Second Elantra in 2 years
By lovetosavegas on 11/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We had our GT hatchback for 2 years now and when I had to replace my other car, another Elantra had all the features that I wanted for a good price. Mazda3, Corolla, Civic and Kia Spectra were my other choices but Elantra still has the best value for the money IMHO

2005 GT Sedan
By tvilberg on 10/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I went to a Hyundai dealer Toyota and Subaru. The Hyundai was, by far, the most fun to drive and the best value. The snappy 2L 4 cyl engine couples well with the 5-speed to produce a sports-car driving experience. The car handles exceptionally well in curves. I was so surprised by how much fun driving a GT was that I bought one. The exterior finish and design are first-rate, as is the awsome feature list. The GT comes with leather seats and all of the ammenities of an upscale roadster --- but at a price near a sub-compact. The only feastures I can think to improve would be the seats (a bit stiff and the mileage (34mpg hwy). The real-time mpg display inhibits flogging the engine, too.

looked for practical bargain-- got it!
By rjfin on 10/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Lots of good cars to pick from in this size; I needed something safe, comfortable, economical, reliable. Price & warranty got me to dealership; comfort, int. & ext. design, and side airbags sold me. It's been flawless. The driver's multiple seat adjustments and the smooth ride make my long trips pleasurable. Plenty of cruising power. Well designed nooks & compartments, and cup holders... I see lots of Elantras on the road, and am hoping resale on these continues to improve as folks see Hyundai has its act together-- but even it if doesn't, I expect to happily drive this car for a LONG time, and am confident I'll get my money's worth.

love it
By orange1 on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my car, even though it isnt the expensive sporty car that I wanted, I got more than expected for my money. I bought it since my dad is the mechanic at the dealership and he believes that Hyundai's are truely remarkable and reliable cars. The comfort rating is top among even cars in the $30,000 range. I love my elantra!

SO FAR, SO GOOD
By VESPEE on 10/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

FIRST TIME HYUNDAI BUYER..AM VERY HAPPY, SO FAR. NOT ONLY WITH THE AUTOMOBILE BUT ALSO WITH PLANET HYUNDAI'S ATTENTIVE AND COURTEOUS SERVICE. VP LAS VEGAS, NV