2004 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Review: Still going after 5 years

2004 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Review

GLS Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Still going after 5 years
By KSierra on

2004 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got my Elantra just a little over 5 years ago and itís still going. I purchased the extended 100,000mi/10yr bumper to bumper warranty. Iíve had to have my air bag sensors (both driver and passenger)and Kenwood CD player replaced. Iíve also replaced my headlights a few times. Didnít have to pay for any of it! I leave my headlights on ALL the time so burning them out is to be expected. Over all Iím am super happy with my Elantra. I drive between 20 and 30 miles every day on average and get great mileage. Maintenance is a little pricey (in for my 60k,today ouch!) but the dealership is reliable and friendly (same guys in the service department since I got my car!)

Favorite Features

All the standard options make it a great value-especially the safety features. Love my color - Tidal Wave (Blue). Handles well. Fabulous warranty that is far outlasting my car payment! Fun to drive. Good amount of space for a "compact" car.

Suggested Improvements

Paint is a little thin. And road noise can be a little loud sometimes. Keyless trunk entry would be great.