Farewell, old friend
By avhelp on
2004 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)
Someone once told me machines don't have a soul. I disagree. My Hyundai took me to work and happy places, safely and always got me home. We logged 131K miles together, and it just got to the point where it got tired. Life had been perfect except for a battery at 100K. Now, at 131K, We needed new struts,shocks, breaks, timing belt, water pump, CV joints, tires and headlight glass. With all that mileage, how much longer could we go on before something big broke? I took the repair money and bought it's cute cousin, the SOUL. I know the Kia and Hyundai family are as one, so I am looking forward to more far off trips to enjoy. Thank you, Blue Hyundai, for taking me to and from safely.
Favorite Features
My favoite feature of this car is the air conditioning. I can think of only 2 days last winter where I opened the window to the South Florida breeze. Another favorite was the great stock speakers. I replaced the car radio with one with an AUX jack for my EVO 4G, and the sound from PANDORA is fantastic. No need for Seirus- digital sound from the Internet! The most important feature was the reliabitily. Turn the key and go. Always. Even when the battery was going bad, it still turned over first try.
Suggested Improvements
I held the steering wheel with my left arm perched on the window sill and my hand clutched the steering wheel at the junction of the spoke to the horn ring. Eventually, this coating started to flake off, probably from the oils in my hand. A $12.00 steering wheel cover hid the missing rubber coating from the steel wheel. If Hyundai would go back to a steel timing chain, it would make maintenance a lot cheaper. Major engine surgery every 70K? No need, a better design is needed. Actually, no complaints. I am selling my Hyundai cheap because of the repairs needed due to wear.