Used 2004 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
Exactly what I need.
By JeffGuidry on 07/01/06 12:09 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I use this car as a daily commuter in Houston and for about once monthly trips home to Louisiana. Gas mileage averages 27/28 mpg in combined city/highway driving, and mileage on the highway varies depending on how much speeding up/slowing down I have to do for 18 wheelers and slower traffic. I have gotten as good as 40 mpg on one trip setting the cruise control on 70. The car is remarkably comfortable and quiet for a compact car. The OEM tires have nearly 40,000 miles on them and will soon need replacing (strangely, the rear tires wore down sooner than the front tires, having never been rotated.) I am a very heavy man and the car is quite comfortable, even on my 4 hour road trips.

Love it
By Ken Dunyak on 05/05/06 07:27 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

First Hyundai was a 1991 Excel. Got 36 mpg. This '04 Elantra GLS with Automatic is fun to drive. It just wants to go!!!! Got it with 28K miles and I'm getting 35 mpg. Better than rated.

Happy
By sandi carano on 04/21/06 20:52 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am very happy with my car I has some small trouble and would buy another when I buy another car

Great
By Tom on 04/14/06 04:58 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It is a great fun to drive with Elantra. Fuel economy and reliability can not be criticized in comparison with those of Civic and Corolla. Interior design is well-organized. One drawback is not equipped with ABS. but 2007 will be standard. I hope I soon get that too.

Great little car, for a decent price!
By Dani on 02/25/06 22:50 PM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my car brand new and it'll be two years in May since I've had it. I keep up with the maintenance so in return, my car has not let me down!! I take day trips on the weekends and the gas mileage is great. Smooth ride, good handling, and pretty comfortable (unless you're over 6'0" and sitting in the back-seat).

Tight little car!
By soozers on 12/12/05 20:47 PM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've driven a lot of cars and used to work at a car dealership. The dollar/value ratio is outstanding and for the money, you can't go wrong. I'm waiting for Hyundai to launch a small size pick up to compare with Toyota Tacoma. That would be cool.

Great all around car
By MontanaHyundai on 10/24/05 23:33 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is great! Fun to drive, fast, sporty, and great on the gas. The only complaints I have are that the car does not have cruise control and the paint really stinks. We have a car port that the cats like to get up into the rafters on. When they jump out onto the car it scratches the paint so I have to figure out a way to keep them out of the car port or keep them from jumping on my car.

Perfect Car for your teenager
By Danielle on 10/23/05 15:29 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this vehicle. My daughter mainly uses it to get back and forth from school and to run errands. It is perfect for teenage drivers because of it's hip look and its saftey ratings, not to mention the unbeatable price!

Great Deal for Its Kind
By PsychGuy on 08/16/05 00:43 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After always driving large vehicles (Pickups & SUV's), I made the switch to my 2004 Elantra GLS. I have been very happy with it. I was also impressed on how well it handles during the New England winters. It has been a very reliable vehicle and for the money it beats any other car in its class hands down.

Excellent value!
By bearcat on 07/09/05 20:55 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car for ~$10000, and I cannot believe the features I have got for that price! I've got AC, power everything, excellent ride quality, great warranty. Never had a problem since I bought it, no adjustments no hassles at all. However I have been told that there is a recall for some airbag issue. I have not found another car with the same features and reliability at this price.