2004 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
Wonderous Car Blows away Japanese Co.
By Bjord on 09/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Elantra GT for 2 years now. Not once have I had a problem with it. Many people Have small issues (My parents own a Turbo New Beetle, it's been in the shop more times than I can count for annoying problems, but not major ones) The Elantra is a modern marvel to the car industry. You get excellent standard options, good quality interior that's sporty and very functional (user friendly), an exterior design that has a nice design, with a slight agressive edge. The only issue with the car, which i have to complain about is the paintjob was ok. Other companies do better paintjobs, i think Hyundai goes too thin with their color, and the clear coat.

Great little car
By spillman on 09/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Very satisfied with this car. Highly recommend it. Very functional and versatile

Best all around !
By ManuelH on 08/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the BEST value I have ever seen! For around 14K you get Leather, Aluminun Rims, Side Airbags, CD/MP3, Disk Brakes, Sport Suspension, hallogen, computer trip, cruise control, power everything (but seats), 5 doors, good looking.... Then top that with a crazy 10 year warranty ...One more thing 5 years roadside assist. Can any one come out with something even close to this without looking at 18K? ....NOOOO.

Best Hatchback Buy
By backy on 08/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The Elantra GT is the best value in the compact 5-door class, at least $3000 less than other cars with comparable equipment. It is a solid, comfortable car with a good blend of ride and handling, excellent driving position, and roomy cargo area. This is my second Elantra and I am very satisfied thus far.

Happy with my first Hyundai
By jprets on 07/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Nice car inside and out. Researched this for awhile and nothing else touches it for the price.

Elantra
By markh on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

A great car, rides nice, handles well, looks good and decent gas milage.

Don't listen to all the Trolls!
By Jeremytallman on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We had a 2002 GT until May of this year when it was hit and totalled by an Expedition. We were just shy of 60000 miles with a perfect, tight car. I am 6'6" and fit this car pretty good. We tried to replace it but our fully loaded example is sold out until the 2005s come out! This car is much quieter than the Civic, Protege/3 etc. The interior is as good as anything out there. We added the factory wood trim kit and it really makes the interior. As far as recalls mentioned by others, check out Honda and VW lately. You can not go wrong with this car! Traction control, ABS, leather, sunroof, power heated mirrors, CD, 4whl disk brakes, huge cargo room,

Elantra GT 5 spd. Hatchback review
By pole on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Checked out the usual suspects: Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla, Mazda3, Ford Focus, etc. The Hyundai GT hatchback was a prime candidate because of its hatchback design and cost - significantly less than the others with more features. The Civic and Mazda were more expensive without half the equipment of the GT, The Corolla was boring and the Focus has been recalled more times than I can think of. I have to admit that the $2000 rebate played into my decision; with it and the dealer discount, the cost came out to just under $13000 (including sunroof ). Without the rebate I would have considered the Honda or Mazda more seriously.

Hyundai is a very good vehicle
By Walter Crawford on 07/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my Hyundai Elantra for about two months. I am really impressed with the performance and quality of the vehicle. I feel you really get alot for the money. I have told everyone about my Elantra, the great ride. It actually rides like a much bigger car. Hyundai got it right!

Well built automobile
By Frank Hayes on 06/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I really enjoy this fun car.The design and quality of this car would make you think that it cost thousands more than it actually did. Service has been excellent. Best kept secret in the automobile industry. Recieve alot of comments.