2004 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
Not what I expected!
By genemullen on 11/06/04 15:21 PM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Elantra as a commuter car. I have moved recently to the "ex-burbs" of Chicago from the city proper, and needed a fuel efficient vehicle with a low sticker price.I have owned Mercedes,Toyota, Mazda and top of the line U.S. built cars and I am extremly pleased with the Hyundai.It is the only vehicle I have owned that surpassed my expectations! I thought I would be sacrificing comfort, power and handling when I bought this car...WRONG!

Excellent car - doubly so for the money
By bikerPA on 10/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Owned since April 31 of this year. Just got it out of the shop at 10k miles - they dropped a new transmission in, the old one grinded shifting into second at anything over 2800rpm. Minor interior trim rattling on rough roads or when the sub is cranked. Other than that, this car is more feature-laden and fun to drive than anything out there under $16k, even taking other cars' rebates into effect. The Mazda3 is more fun, with a stronger engine and better aftermarket support, but costs $5k more than the $11,600 I paid for my GT hatch... and if I sink half of that difference into suspension, wheel/tire, and engine upgrades I'll have almost as nice a car customized to my liking. Bravo Hyundai!

hyaundi - the right stuff
By bubba4u on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

inexpensive,yet doesn't feel cheap.reliable.a great car for someone who racks up the miles quickly.highly reccommended

Great Car!!!
By ExHondadriver on 10/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car more than my previous 99 Honda Accord. I don't think there is much to improve upon this car. Gas mileage is awesome and the car is very comfortable.

What a bargain!
By emmaspop on 10/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is an excellent value. Loaded w/ features and comfortable for a family of 4. Hyundai can't be paying the Koreans enough if they are making a profit off this car!

Great Value
By KatyLE on 09/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

There is no way you'll find a car with more to offer in this price class. Excellent interior design, and lots of standard features.

My Hyundai Elantra
By Bobby Buck on 09/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My brother recommended this vechicle to me and I purchased it. Well I am not disappointed! This car has done everything I had expected it to do and then some. Plenty of pick-up, GAs milwage id wonderful. and comfort is awsome for a compact car. Hyundai has used quality parts, Fit and finish is as good as my Toyota, I will get one for my Daughter these cars are just to good to let it go by where can I get a well built car for under 13,000 dollars. and a 100,000 mileae warrenty to boot. Keep it up Hyundai, you sold me and I will sell others as well. One happy Hyundai owner

My Hyundai :-)
By Buckster60 on 09/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My Atlantra is just a fantastic car, Ifeel I am getting much more vechical then what I paid for, It is well built, Has plenty of Power, Ride is Sporty and secured. Just a great car, and Yes I would buy another one.

1st hyundai..HAPPY with the whole machin
By HARRY GRAPE !! on 09/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

garage kept? looked/smelled/drove like a new car. lots of pep when nedded !! stock tires(michlens) still run grt. 1st wk.drove 1500 mi..FLAWLESS IN ALL RESPECTS.

my car
By JacquiH on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I am most satisfied with the vehicle warranty. We purchased the extended warranty, even though we probably won't need it. When I purchased my first new car, I purchased a Hyundai for the price and the warranty. The car itself caused me to purchase Hyundai again. I do alot of driving in my field of work and the car was/is always reliable.