Used 2004 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

I was pleasantly shocked
By jacobe

2004 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first car and I love it. It handles very well, the best out of all the ones I test drove. It has 102k miles on it, so I replaced the timing belt and some other items, but other then that it runs amazing. Has never left me stranded. The acceleration is very good, for the size of the motor. Also this car goes amazing in snow. When we had our blizzard where we got 6 in. I was going around 4wd drive trucks that were stuck in the snow. Overall it is a great little.

The acceleration with the 5spd. manual. Easy to drive, and fun to drive. Reliability Standard safety equipment.

The paint scratches kinda easily because it is thin. More then two cup holders in the back.

Zip, Zap but no Zoom
By Prit

2004 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Just recently bought it 2nd hand with 82k on it. I loved its light body and they way it moves around city. I drove 2 heavy cars before, 96 Camry and 2000 infiniti both v6. This car is feather light. I love it driving around city where it is more fun. It zips and zaps around corner. Heavy driving is boring with this car, where heavier car excels for it comfort. Good mileage. Younger generation will love this car it feels like i am driving a go cart. Highly recommended it will put smile on your face.

cornering, light weight, good pick-up

Can't suggest anything, as this is basic model. improve on quality and reliability this is what people are looking on this price range. I am.

Love This Car
By Kris K

2004 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 04 Hyundai "used" as a lease vehicle previously. This is the most reliable car I have ever owned. I like all of the standard features that on other models would cost extra. I have had to replace the radiator at about 90K, replaced the back brakes and rotors at about 100K, and have needed to replace headlights about every 6 months. The biggest inconvenience has been replacing the headlights, but this pales in comparison to the overall reliability of the car. I recently totaled this car (not due to the car!) . One thing that concerns me is that the airbag did not deploy in my head on collision. But I like this car so much that I am looking for another Elantra to replace it.

Cruise Control, sunroof, sharp steering, good acceleration.

Extend the life of the headlamps. Make sure those airbags are going to deploy!

Great Car
By pooh

2004 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I really like my car. No major issues. I had car break down but Garden Grove Hyundai took care of it and it was covered under warranty. I would definitely buy another Hyundai. Very dependable and worth the money. I seem to not get as good mileage as they claim but still overly happy with vehicle.

I would love to have heated seats. :- ) and for the key to have a lock & unlock for the trunk

Great Car
By Gary

2004 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Our 04 Elantra was a great car for us. Unfortunately, it just got totaled after an accident. It was very reliable for us and we put minimal money into it outside of maintenance. We would definitely buy another one. It was our first car but will also probably be the best car we ever buy.