Used 2004 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

What a Car!!!
By mm1234

2004 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I just got my Elantra and I can't say enough great things about it. The car is fun to drive and handles very well on the Highway.The gas mileage is excellent I traded in a gas guzziling SUV for the Elantra best move I ever made!!! Go for the Elantra you won't be sorry.

Road Handeling

None at this time

Rent a vehicle before you buy
By jimbobsebring

2004 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We had to rent a car when our son came home on leave from the army. As luck would have it, we got stuck with an Elantra. What a find. We bought a 2004 in April. It drives as well as our Buick Century (2001). I do agree though with people claiming lack of quality in the paint. We already have scratches that have penatrated the clear coat and the paint. Nothing like that on the Buick.

Comfort, gave mileage, fun of driving a smaller car with some pickup

The paint quality has to improve. I have the standard radio with the CD player. The sound quality needs improvement.

hyundai elantra
By Daniel Kostick

2004 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

it's a great car very dependable and great on fuel

I love my Elantra
By tiggeristhatyou

2004 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought my Elantra, and I love it. I had a Mazda Protege for 9 yrs and rode a Toyota Corolla for a short period of time and I must say I love the Elantra the best. Even my sister who commutes with me to work daily, feels the Elantra is much more attractive than the 2003 Corolla I was driving and 10 x better than the 1995 Mazda I had for the last 9 yrs. I have no regrets in buying this car. The price is no comparison to the value.

The Warrenty! I chose a wrap around so I have 10 yrs bumper to bumper. My old car started to have issues with the power windows and horn around the 8 yr mark and the repairs came out of my pocket, to not have that worry...WOW!

The seatbelt are a bit uncomfortable even when I adjusted them, and the shape of the inside driver and passenger door is a bit uncomfortable while driving.

Very happy
By Skeets

2004 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We just bought the car last weekend, and we took it for a trip yesterday. We are very pleased with the comfort, fuel economy and the performance of it. We were travelling on a two lane road and when it was time to pass, it got up and went, no holding it back. The comfort is very pleasing, we constantly have to watch the speedometer to make sure we are not speeding. I would advise anyone to look at this car.

The space

Make the cd player standard.