2004 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
This is a GREAT car.
By Peter Laurie on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

For the price, this is the best car I've owned. Yeah, it's cheap, but that only makes my friends wonder why they spent 10K more on a car. The hatchback is terrific. I can get anything into the car, including a 6-foot step ladder. Does it have a lot of power? No. But with no desire to go off road, I can drive anywhere I want to. Occasionally, I know I cannot pass a porsche when I'm going uphill. The car has a super-designed interior. Feels just right, even for big guys. My wife and I both like to drive it.

Buyers beware
By junkhyundai on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is not reliable. With a few initial minor problems and after 4000 miles later, the engine leaks coolant. A well-made car should not have this kind of problem, IMHO. The point is, you are buying a cheap car and that is what you get. Their cheap service comes as part of a cheap package, too. Be warned. You are taking a risk.

great car
By blahblah on 12/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've owned it for only a little while and love to drive it. when you look at what other company's are offering in this price range and what you get with a gt elantra it's a no brainer. Thats even without the warrenty.

Love this little car
By Kari Sands on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Although I have very few miles on this new car I do love it. My last car was a 1990 Saab and people that know me think this is a Saab as well. The lines are so similar. The car is very comfortable to drive and be a passenger in. I appreciate the space in the hatch back and the fold down seats. Controls are easy to understand and operate. In my opinion lots of car for a low price.

average
By portugal on 10/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i have a lot of problems with the stering wheel,shakeing at avarege 65mph. I need to replace twice the front rotors, tape side doors and right side wheel bearing. The air vents make a lot of noise at 75mph and i had to replace left side view mirror and so on. I will never buy a hyundai again.

2004 GT hatchback
By itazura on 10/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Only have a few hundred miles on the car, but the driving experience so far has been very positive. We bought the GT hatchback, and the stiffer suspension does introduce road vibration -- but the precise control through turns and on windy roads is great. The automatic transmission has a lot of zip in first and the lower range of second, but bogs down a bit under acceleration at 40mph+. Rear seats are tight in terms of leg room unless the folks up front scoot forward. One nice improvement over the 2003 is that the childseat tether anchors are no longer back at the back of the hatch area...they are directly below the rear seat backs.

Car Is Great for the money
By Emmanuel on 10/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

You get everything you want in a car like this. For example, you get a electric sunroof, leather interior, a very very loud cd stero system,. also the comfort and the speed in this car is awsome for what you need it for. beside the looks you have a car that should value over $30,000 dollars and you get in for under $15,000. Also, have I forgot to tell you the 5yrs, unlimeted milage assitants. alos theres a ten year drive training warrenty. My amzed worlds where why HYNDAI and not the othaers. well you sold me and on my way for the Santa Fe 3.5 ltr. Can not help my self . Emmanuel