Used 2004 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

2004 Hyundai Elantra redcrimson
By BB

2004 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Has been a great reliable car!!! Would most def buy another Paid $5000 with 50,000 miles and now it's has over 100,000 miles and still a great car!!!!

best car I ever had
By mbarwick1

2004 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Brought July 2004 have how done 240,000 km always been reliable and very cheep to run just changed normal thing tires,brakes,radiator and clutch. I would buy another Elantra when I can afford it.

Reliable,cheap to run love the looks. Large boot and plenty of room in back seat leg room.

My manual Clutch friction point is very high tacks a a little to get used to.

Best car I ever owned
By ackr13

2004 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Hyundai new in April 2004. I now have 123,000 miles on and could not be more pleased. Besides replacing tires and brakes( front rotors one time) the only repairs have been Timing belt, water pump, belts, tune-up with plugs & plug wires and front struts all done at 100,000 miles. Runs as good as new with very little rattle. I did replace the hatch lid struts 2 years ago.I average 24MPH in city driving, 32 on a trip. Love this car. I will run it till it dies. I traded my wife's 2006 Elantra GT in on a 2012 Santa Fe. Don't regret it a bit. Another great vehicle.

Everything !!!

Great car!!
By pnpain

2004 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We've had our car since (I think) Spring of 2004. It is a great little car! Nearly everything about it is excellent! Pick-up and go is good except for when the AC is on and you are trying to get onto the freeway. The seats are a bit uncomfortable for long trips (2+ hours) though. Our CD player/faceplate is glitchy after all these years. If you press a button (even the off button) too hard it shorts out the faceplate and when you let go it turns back on. Sometimes it simply wont work unless you remove the face plate and put it back on. Our car only has just less than 98,000 miles on it.

sport-tuned steering, look, leg room is great, large hatchback area, power everything.

Find ways to prevent rusting on hatchback, provide extra power when AC is on and the car is trying to get on freeway, make it so that you don't have to remove the battery to change the driver side headlight!!! We can't change our headlights ourselves due to this problem.

130,000K miles, and it's perfect!
By petarvn1

2004 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car was bought for my eldest brother when he started college. He got this car in '11 with 101K miles on it. Since then, another 30ishK miles have come and gone, and it's as fresh as ever. It does show it's age (fuel tank has hairline fracture in it, has needed a lot of engine parts replaced recently) but for a car driven like this one, it's not bad at all! The manual gets better MPG's than our 40K mile '06 auto elantra, and it looks just as good! Just one problem with this car, and that's the trunk. It's large, but not as larger as the hatch's. Overall, a great 1'st car (especially for $4995!) Only problem right now is a missing trim piece that fell off due to bad glue!

The shifter is nice and light, sound system (has aftermarket subwoofer) is as good as ones in brand new cars, and it's very good in the snow.

After the 120K mark, watch out for the window trim, if you live in a wet, rainy place, it will fall off. Window mechanisms are also flimsy, we had 2 brake,one during a rainstorm, with the window down!

• SUV