Good cheap car
By Jack on
2003 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I drive my Elantra 80 miles hwy everyday for the past year. It has had very few issues such as the O2 sensors failing and my parking break snapped. Relatively cheap fixes. What did concern me was when I hit my cow of a deer, was that the air bags didn't deploy when the whole front end of my car was smashed up. The repairs, covered by my collision insurance were extremely cheap, only coming out to be $1400 total for new headlights, grill, hood, bumper + cover fog lights, horn, paint job and tire. It has been a great car and has been a pretty good winter car.
Favorite Features
Good gas mileage (30mpg highway, 25mpg city), cluster is nice, good ac/heat, smooth transmission, reliable, comfortable, handles well and is small enough to fit into tight places easily.
Suggested Improvements
Take out your slave cylinder, it will increase acceleration and will keep your clutch from wearing out. Interior is pretty bland and the car doesn't have much power. Replaced O2 sensor within 5k and the check engine light is back on for it again already