2003 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
Best car for the money!
By tjjazz on 11/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This vehicle has many pleasant surprises! It is fun to drive, has decent engine performance, good gas mileage and is exceptionally comfortable. The engineers that designed this one were really thinking! The comparable vehicles don't even offer the options that are standard equipment with this one. I appreciate the many, many standard features.

Fantastic car
By jlm255 on 11/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've had a great time in this car so far. It handles very well in the snow and the stereo system is great! Shocks and suspension are good. The tires weren't balanced right, but that got fixed and I didn't have to pay for it, I don't know if that was the dealerships fault or Hyundai's.

Euro-hatchback
By timques on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Even though down in PR we don't get some of the features(No leather seats, MichelĂ­ns, Moonroof, fog lights, cruise control) you get on the Mainland, my Elantra GT it is still a super buy, with better feature content for $1500 to $2500 less.

I like it !!!
By wesren on 10/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Elegant, excellent, reliable...fun to drive. She has also a "look". I have noticed other drivers turning their heads..what is that? a SAAB? The car runs great and if you know how to use the shift, even with autotran, you can pass others if you need to. I like it, and my wife likes it. It's loaded with the features like leather, sunroof, cd player, etc.not to mention 4 disc breaks, heated side mirrors, rear wiper... I like it..

Elantra GT Wow!!!
By exixx on 10/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am amazed at this car for the money!! I got it for very close to the TMV and have not been able to find anything wrong with it yet!

Great Little Car
By someguy on 10/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We were looking for a resonably priced car that we could purchase with cash and avoid having a car payment. For the money, there's not any other car even in the same league as the elantra. If you can get over the name, this is one heck of a car.

Not even a SAAB
By RONIN on 10/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned a SAAB 900 five speed. I loved it. I still like them. Yet, I would call the Hyundai Elantra GT a "Korean" SAAB with one up: a ten year 100,000 mille warranty! The GT is fun to drive, the gas milage is great and I love the interior! The purple lighted instrument cluster with fiber optic indicators is really great.

Not Bad
By Bank on 10/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It has pretty good power for what it is. It is just as quick as my wife's ION2 5-speed.In fact it felt quicker than most of the cars I drove in the same class. I drove the Mazda Protega-5 (DOG), Nissan Sentra 1.8, Vibe, Corolla, and Matrix. It felt as fast, if not faster, than all of those cars. I hope the car holds up. That is the risk with Hundai, but I have heard they are getting better and better. Had a little problem with the dealer but they ended up doing the right thing.

Excellent Value!
By SpringTX on 09/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This has been an awesome car so far. The value for dollars spent is great. All of the options the car came with exceed my neighbor's new midsize that was almost $6k more!

Great Second Car
By Stevete on 09/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I had a Porsche Boxster S and a Mercedes S430 when I bought this car. Sold the Boxster S and use this car instead. Sound system is much better than the Boxster and the car is 10 times more reliable than the Merc. I could have bought 7 of these for what I paid for the S430.