2003 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
A great value
By Rob_H on 09/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

$13,250 total out the door for '02 Elantra GLS! AT, Power everything, spoiler, CD, & moonroof. You can't beat that price for any other brand new car. Plus complete bumper to bumper warranty. This is my first inexpensive car and Hyundai exceeded my expectations. I got a great deal! Grab one too and share the joy.

I'm Jealous of my Wife...
By FolsomTom on 09/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car for my wife and now I borrow the car whenever I get a chance because it is so fun to drive! This car is a breath of fresh air compared to all the other "H" cars out on the road -- and what a deal. The other reviews have said this, but where else can you get Auto Trans, Leather Seats, Moonroof, AM/FM-CD, a peppy little engine and a genuinely COOL exterior styling for $14,300 (bought it through CarsDirect.com). PLUS the 60,000 warranty! These guys are picking up where Honda and Toyota left off, and they can't rest on their laurels -- get one before the world figures it out and the price goes up.

Buy one
By pinetree on 09/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Just had my 2002 Elantra GLS 2 months, but boy am I pleased! Didn't even go out to get one, but who can (or would) pass up that warranty!! Whatever it might lack in pizzaz and bulk, it makes up for in build quality and overall plain ol' fashioned dependability. I love it!

You get what you paid for
By marvin on 09/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Elantra I bought was below expectations. It had three major problems within the first 7K miles. In one case, the maintenance technician had to drive it for 400(yes!400) miles to determine the bug.

better than most
By Kurt Moore on 09/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

this little car will cruise at 80 and still get 38 mpg! What a nice little car. So quiet and rides great. Would recommend it to anyone. Also has better that average head room.

great fun and economical
By Kurt Moore on 09/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This little car has been a delight to drive. Love the five speend and enjoy the peppiness of it. With the manual we get 33 hwy and that is good.

Big bang for the buck
By bartbrown on 09/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I wanted a hatchback and narrowed it down to a PT Cruiser,Elantra GT and the Protege PR5. They are all good choices but the Elantra GT had the european styling( resembles a Saab) and came loaded for just $15 K delivered ,tax tags etc. . My wife doesn't like the tight european suspension....but I love how it handles. Once you get over that it is a Hyundai, you will really like the car. I keep my cars for a long time, so the poor trade-in doesn't bother me. Relaibility is what I want and I have a 10 years of warentee.

Matty's Elantra
By Mattjo on 09/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Buying my 2002 Elantra was the best dicision I could have made! For a small car, you cannot compare the ride comfort, standard features, warranty and price to any other foreign small car. When I searched for my "perfect" new automobile I never would have thought Hyundai...The warranty attracted me, I drove one and was so impressed I wrote my check the moment my test drive was over! I have driven over 26,000 miles in the 9 months I have owned the Elantra and not once has it skipped a beat~! AND you cannot beat the warranty!

Good car for your dollar.
By NORDBERG on 09/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car is the best value in its class. After many months of shopping around and after test-driving the competitors, (civic, focus svt, protege 5, cavelier ls, etc.) the Hyundai GT was best in terms of value, OPTIONS, and fun! Speaking of options, this car comes standard with just about everything but a driver! Speaking of fun, taking the above-mentioned competition from a stoplight is easy. Press hard on the acceleration from a stop and you will be pleasently suprised. No racecar, but again, good for the dollar. Top off all of that with the extended warrenty and you've got one great package.

Great Car
By indyslim on 09/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Absolute Great Buy. No Qualms.