2003 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Consumer Reviews 3

2003 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
Great Car!
By Hyndi03 on 06/23/09 13:47 PM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car pre-owned with 50,000 miles on it and it now has 88,000 and never had a problem. Had the car two years and constantly commute state to state. I can put $35 of gas in the tank (which is about 14 gallons if you really push it) and get around 450 miles to the tank. Drove from Philadelphia to Vermont without filling up and still had gas left over! Keep up on the oil changes, transmission flushes, and the tune ups and this car will never leave you stranded. Reliable, simple, and has good pickup.

I love my car
By Sharon on 06/07/09 09:19 AM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car brand new and have had all required service completed as suggested. To date I have had no problems with my car. I have 84 thousand miles on it and hope it keeps on going. My next car will most likely be another Elantra or a Sonata depending on cost .

Love this car!
By Mel on 05/19/09 11:19 AM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used in 2005 with only 13000 miles on it. Now in 2009 with over 100K miles it still drives almost like new! I had to replace the brakes once... but that's it. I live in New England and this car has made it up hills in a foot of snow that I've seen honda CRVs struggling in. This car was an awesome investment and I am most definitely going to be getting another elantra when I get a new car and I'm secretly jealous of whoever gets my old used one!

Five years and no problems
By kazz64 on 10/27/08 05:57 AM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Have had my 2003 Hyundai Elantra for five years and have had no problems. Bought car new with four miles on it. Outside of new brakes, tires and oil changes, have had ZERO problems with my car. Has never been in shop for problems. Am selling now at 70k miles, and will buy another as this car has been perfect. Honestly cannot say any issues/problems have had with car. Have never had to test warranty. Very happy.

Excellent value, very reliable
By 505danielm on 10/16/08 16:57 PM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This has been an excellent car, the price and warranty are what got us looking at it initially. We've never owned an import before, but now I'd definitely buy another Hyundai. We get 32-34 mpg in town, 40+ hwy. Gasoline with very high ethanol content does reduce MPG somewhat, but it will do that on any car. The only expense other than regular maintenance items was a battery. Plenty of interior room, upholstery still looks like new. PW, PDL, A/C, power mirrors all standard. Dealership was very determined to keep customers satisfied. We are very pleased with our Hyundai.

VERY GOOD CHOICE ! ! !
By Family Guy on 10/11/08 19:15 PM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have bought my Elantra brand new for $13.800. I insisted on ABS (also came with cruise control and traction control) I worked as a "valet" so i was test driving all kinds of vehicles, but between corolla and civic, i liked elantra better. 10yr and 100,000 miles was a plus. only problem i had with the car is fuel tank. a wall inside the tank was loose, and was making noise. Hyundai dealer changed the tank under the warranty. the engine is not so fuel efficient. the most mpg i got is around 29mpg on a highway (but car was fully loaded, driven 75mph+) but in the city i don't know where the gas is going. i refuel, and few days - boom - gas is not there (trip less than 150- 200 miles(14.5 gal!!))

Reliable and Affordable
By Reliable! on 10/03/08 11:55 AM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new in 2003. It is the base model GLS. It is not fancy, it's only a 4.0 cylinder, but it is very reliable. It now has 105,000 miles and has not needed any major repairs and still running great! I'm looking to get a new vehicle and after the experience with this one, I'm thinking it will be another Hyundai. My husband bought a 2001 Ford Taurus in 2003, when I got my Hyundai and has had all types of problems with it.

Problem-free at 100k
By Ian on 10/01/08 10:54 AM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased for $6900 with 35k miles on it. Good condition. Manual. Handled well, peppy for an economy car. I have only had the following problems: A leaking radiator hose Suspension squeaks and creaks I get regular oil changes, replaced the timing belt at 90k miles and had it tuned up, and have replaced the tires once. Very low maintenance costs overall. At this point, the performance is suffering a little (diminished torque at high rpms), but I've driven this car hard for about 70k miles now. Still extremely reliable, and I wouldn't think twice about driving it cross country. I had a '99 Elantra before, and my friend is still driving it in San Diego at over 160k miles.

Great car for my daughter
By Ed Lee on 09/24/08 15:01 PM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased car for my daughter with 61,000 miles. Car now has 138,00 miles and going strong. Car is dependable beyond expectations. Only routine maintenance has been done on car. Car is comfortable to drive with good acceleration for a 4 cylinder. Good gas mileage.

Few repairs after five years
By deliah on 08/31/08 06:14 AM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Originally, it cost $14,000...it now has over 87,000 miles, with only minor repairs. Original battery lasted me to the 80,000 mile point. The windshield got a crack from a thrown up rock on the highway at about the 60,000 mile point. Now, at my last inspection, the brakes barely passed, and I'll need to have them worked on soon, but not bad for this age and mileage. I would buy another of this model.