2003 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
Can't beat the value!
By MattGuy on 10/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car without a trade in and got out the door (including taxes, tags, ect...) for 13988.98. It is the 5-speed with a moonroof, and I love it. Corolla was 2k more and had less options, same with the civic. You just can't beat the value. Not to even mention the industry leading warranty.

Are the Airbags going to deploy?
By TomcatRyan3 on 10/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was considering purchasing a Hyundai Elantra until I read some of the reviews on Edmunds. Anyone can put out a 100,000 mile warranty, what good is it if you don't pay warranty claims. Check out the Insurance institute crash ratings. The airbags on the Elantra Deploy Late! Making it worst in class!!! I think Hyundais build quality is highly suspect they lied about there Horespower ratings what else are they lying about.

great fun and economical
By Kurt Moore on 09/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This little car has been a delight to drive. Love the five speend and enjoy the peppiness of it. With the manual we get 33 hwy and that is good.

Big bang for the buck
By bartbrown on 09/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I wanted a hatchback and narrowed it down to a PT Cruiser,Elantra GT and the Protege PR5. They are all good choices but the Elantra GT had the european styling( resembles a Saab) and came loaded for just $15 K delivered ,tax tags etc. . My wife doesn't like the tight european suspension....but I love how it handles. Once you get over that it is a Hyundai, you will really like the car. I keep my cars for a long time, so the poor trade-in doesn't bother me. Relaibility is what I want and I have a 10 years of warentee.

Good car for your dollar.
By NORDBERG on 09/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car is the best value in its class. After many months of shopping around and after test-driving the competitors, (civic, focus svt, protege 5, cavelier ls, etc.) the Hyundai GT was best in terms of value, OPTIONS, and fun! Speaking of options, this car comes standard with just about everything but a driver! Speaking of fun, taking the above-mentioned competition from a stoplight is easy. Press hard on the acceleration from a stop and you will be pleasently suprised. No racecar, but again, good for the dollar. Top off all of that with the extended warrenty and you've got one great package.

Great Car
By indyslim on 09/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Absolute Great Buy. No Qualms.