Used 2003 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

Car is a great friend!
By hayleypow

2003 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Ok, so I got this car when I was 17 and never had a problem with it! I've driven from California to Washington and back several times and seriously it drives great and is very reliable. I know have 136K miles on it and did replace my clutch about 6 months ago. It will probably need a few normal upkeep type repairs soon. But I hope to keep driving it. It still looks like a new car to me and I am so glad I got this car way back when!

I can't think of anything!

1stCar
By gijoemc

2003 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first car, and I bought it almost 2 years ago with about 133,000 miles on it. It is a great car and was a great value. I have had only 1 major problem with it: my alternator belt broke last winter when it got to about -10F out, but I still managed to drive it the other half of the way to school (with no power steering). That was the only thing that has broke on this car to my knowledge and now its at the 149,000 mile mark. Also it has a bullet hole in it, so this cars a trooper. Aaaannd, a minor difference, but I'd say this is a 'girl' car but not a 'girly' car. Like how boats are always referred to as feminine, thats this car.

Automatic headlight shutoff The left foot rest Seems spacious Cassette player (w/ipod adapter) Very quiet car

Electronics seem weak (sometimes I cannot put all 4 windows up at the same time)

Great Car Great Price
By kccoflbp

2003 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought used in 2008 with 26,000 miles for 5200 dollars. Still own it and love it today. Now has 126,000 miles and running strong. The only maintenance we have done is regular oil changes and timing belt change at 70,000 miles. Averaging 35 miles per gallon.

Rear defroster, Heater, Gas mileage, handling, surprising power. Gearing is just right for me.

Better radio and speakers, better brakes.

I loved my Elantra!
By pagan_born87

2003 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first car and I got it back in 2006 with 110,000 miles on it. Drove it back and forth from WV to VA and never had a problem with it, it handled great and got really good milage (a full tank could get me from VA beach to the mountains just fine!). It was really reliable and the only things I've ever had to replace on it was the timing belt and recently the battery (at around 147,000 miles). It was recently totaled (the front end pan caked but that was my fault!) and I miss it a lot. I loved it so much I find myself looking to trade in the fantasy kia I got so I can buy another Elantra. It is a really great car and I would recomend it to anyone!

sun roof, great acceleration, low cost at the gas station, fun to drive

Could have had a stronger frame but other then that I wouldn't change a thing!

Functional Car. Great for teens
By clcs5860

2003 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the vehicle in late 2005 with only 19K miles on it. Was a good purchase. Drove it for a year and the sold it to my teenage son for $2000. Great inexpensive transportation. Unfortunately car was totaled in a hail storm.

Fold down back seat.

Peppier engine, better suspension. I think the new ones have these improvements.