2002 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Review: Unsatisfied

2002 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Review

GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Unsatisfied
By Unsatisfied on

2002 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I keep up with my cars maintenance as I should yet I have had multiple problems and my car is only at 60,000 miles. At 30 my power steering pump blew. At 40 my driver door sensor broke. At 50 my radiator and my thermostat blew literally. Despite the readings of my coolant level. It was perfect and all of a sudden smoke was coming from my hood. I do admit that the handling is good yet I had a Toyota and didn't have my first problem until I was at 120,000. Plus the problems I have had are pretty irregular, my mechanics at the dealership even were to admit. Plus Hyundai put a lock on the oil filter so that only they are able to change your oil filter. They say its to protect me but we know why.

None. Another problem is that if the road is bumpy no matter how careful I drive the cd player will start switching between radio and cd player of turns off and on and there doesn't need to be any cd in the cd player. That has been a problem since I have had the vehicle.

Hyundai needs to use higher quality products in their vehicles to prevent these problems. If they did just that I would not see any problems. Plus I cannot find any chiltons manual or any manual for my car. I would have to go into the dealership and pay $80!