2002 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
Great Car
By Tim Spradling on 11/04/06 07:19 AM (PST)

2002 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This Car has been the most reliable car I have ever owned in my 47 years of driving and buying cars. I have 50,000 miles on the Car and have only replaced the tires (Because I forgot to rotate them) before a trip (9,500 miles)out West in April 2006. The tires wuld have probably made it but I didn't want to take a chance. It has never required anything else. It is very quiet and looks very nice. I have no complaints whatsoever.

th only bad thing
By Tara on 07/06/06 09:43 AM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i live in nyc the only bad thing about this car is the rims i usually get 2 flats a month for going over the pot holes they do not realy hold up other then that i love my car

3 mph Fender Bender
By CamsTransAm on 03/29/06 00:19 AM (PST)

2002 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Anyone considering an Elantra should know this! I considered getting an Elantra because of all the airbags/safety. I ended up keeping my car, and glad I did. In January it snowed and I made it to my destination safe (wrecks everywhere) when I hit black ice turning into a parking lot and an Elantra was sitting there. I hit the Elantra going 3 mph and dinged the door HORRIBLY. NO damage to my car!!! she needed two new doors and a new hinge, this is a huge safety concern and should be taken into account. I’ve seen other reviews with gov’t crash tests where the airbags did not deploy in time and did more damage than if they hadn’t gone off at all. My wisdom, choose wisely, do ALOT of research.

Hyundai Elantra More Car, Less Money
By JimOhio79 on 03/28/06 12:21 PM (PST)

2002 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is alot of car for the money. I've found it to be both reliable AND economic. It could use a evamp of the exterior styling but is solid step-up from basic transportation. It has outlasted and outperformed my Grand Am, Cavalier, and Neon. Check it out, you'll be surprised what this little car has going for it.

Good, until crash
By Em on 01/08/06 23:28 PM (PST)

2002 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car was given to me by my father. The car drove exceptionally well. The only complaint he and I had was the lowness of the driver's seat which getting out of every day led to bad backs. Unfortunately, I had an accident, in a frontal crash, where the Elantra ended in disaster and was totalled. I hope the 2005/2006 models are improved in safety.

Excellent commuter vehicle
By WV Owner on 11/28/05 16:33 PM (PST)

2002 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great for driving to work 60 miles a day. Looked at buying used but price with warranty buying it new was better deal. Did have throttle position sensor go out - driveable home and parked it. Called 800 road side service number, tow truck at house within the hour and towed 56 miles to dealership at no cost and repaired at no cost. Manifold cracked in 8/05 - already under recall notice so replaced at no charge. Good gas mileage, dependable, stand behind warranty. Best deal for work miles and just day-to-day running around. If you want to spend your money on a fashion statement find something else. If you want transporation this can't be beat.

Love my Hyundai
By Patty on 10/29/05 12:16 PM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Drove to Columubus OH from Philly on one tank of gas - with AC! I truly enjoy driving my Hyundai, recommend the manual transmission to zip around and compete with the V6's on the roads these days. My husband has a 2000 Honda Civic and I much, much prefer my Hyundai. Just turned over 40,000 miles and drive my car hard with no problems!

Three Years, Still Love It
By Geoffrey on 10/19/05 14:30 PM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It's been a wonderful experience so far. One small plastic failure, otherwise nothing but consumables. Still fun to drive, still feels solid. I miss the ABS and the interior noise at highway speeds is more than I'd like. The experience is good enough that my wife bought a duplicate a year later. We're both pleased with the decisions.

Really a great car for the price
By David on 10/03/05 17:24 PM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I rolled off the showroom floor with 4 miles and have had little to no problems. Initially, had some problems with the transmission mounts but Hyundai was quick to fix with no cost. Also some stereo issues. Keeps shorting out for some reason. As it gets older, the engine makes a little more noise. Exhaust sounds from the engine compartment is the most noticeable. Overall, I'd buy another one in a heartbeat. What an awesome car with excellent features. IT ALWAYS STARTS!!!!!

Luv my Hyundai
By TWHMOM on 09/19/05 12:13 PM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Hyundai Elantra for two years. I have not had any major mechanical problems. Only oil and tire changes. It has been a joy to own. The projected gas mileage stated on the dealer sticker is accurate. I love my Hyundai and am considering buying another one for my daughter!