Used 2002 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Reviews

2002 Hyundai Elantra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

Great first car.
By Will Cilvik

2002 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first new car and it's everything I could have asked for. I just got back from my first road trip (1200 miles round trip), the seats are comfortable, the ride smooth,enough acceleration to get around the tractor trailers and excellent gas milage(I got 35 mpg on my trip). The car is decent in the snow, not an AWD vehicle, but capable enough. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a brand new car, especially with the HUGE warranty and the huge list of standard features.

Favorite Features

All the standard features that you get in the base price. Handles well through corners and excellent gas milage.

Suggested Improvements

Cheaper ABS and Traction Control, more body styles.

I love my car
By nycsexy69

2002 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It is a very reliable car and i am pleased with the performance i like the style of the car and the the way it is set up in the inside i love how smooth it drives

Favorite Features

i love the tilt steering and cruise control

Suggested Improvements

cd holded better cup holders for little kids in car seats ones that fold down from the front seat and are close so the can reach there own drink while people drive and a tray for food when you travel

bad weather
By cmc104

2002 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

used to drive a jeep grand cherokee which i ran into the ground. bought the 2002 elantra after doing a lot of research. liked the standard features offered and bargain price and warranty. generally like the car but find it to be awful in bad weather (rain/snow). car doesn't hold the road at all, slides all over. generally like the car but wonder if i shouldn't have bought another 4 x 4. also have problems with the rear doors not shutting firmly. brakes squeak and wipers scrape. this after only 5 months of use. a sign of other nuisance problems to come ????

Favorite Features

keyless entry.

Suggested Improvements

need to improve the road control in bad weather .. improve brakes squeaking and wipers scraping. need better placed cup holders.

No Econobox here!
By valorieg

2002 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought an Accent in 95. I was completely surprised at how reliable this car was.I drove the heck out of that car, and finally it came time to upgrade to something bigger that I felt safe driving around L.A. in. I shopped around for a good 4-5 months and drove several different cars. I was a bit biased towards the Hyundai, so I spent a little more time at Keyes. I had a great meeting at the dealership with the internet managers and they could not have been nicer. I got a great deal on a great car. My Elantra is comfortable, handles well, feels great on the road and gets excellent gas mileage.Hyundai makes great cars and deserves more respect.

Favorite Features

Sporty drive, good suspension, interior is comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Keyless entry should be a standard feature, I think. If you have power door locks, it's a bit inconvenient to not have a key fob.

cheap price, great value
By car shopper

2002 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We drove it for a year. With 300 miles long distance trip every week. Nothing needed repair, just smooth. My hus just had an accident and walked out unharmed at all. The car was totaled mainly because the cost to fix it can buy a new one. We are happy with the result especialy my husband is not hurt. Next vehicle is going to be the Santa Fe and we currently still owns a Tiburon. We believe we have put our money into true values. We paid 14000 total for the Elantra, which includes tax, etc.

Favorite Features

price

Suggested Improvements

make it more stylish