Used 2002 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

Wow...and I only paid $14,366.00!!
By Timbo

2002 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

What can I say about this car only that Hyundai must be losing money on this one. I think they are trying hard for market share. Man...I love this car....Black and fine. In a few years I will put 16's on it and mabye lower it about 1 1/2 inches. If this thing had a turbo...I'm telling you there would be no need to even test drive anything within 10K of it's price.

Styling, ride

Turbo and bigger wheels

do check out this car!
By Ingrid

2002 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I researched new cars for over six months and just couldn't help feeling ripped off by all other makes after taking a closer look at Hyundai. All the features I wanted, for $3000 less than a Civic EX! (And a 10-year warranty to calm my fears about reliability...) What about resale value? What I'll get less for it in a few years is in my bank account now--collecting interest. Love the responsive ride, ergonomics, large load capacity, Euro styling. Nothing rattles, automatic transmission shifts as smooth as butter.

Sporty suspension, 4 disc brakes, 2 liter engine, i.e. smooth and quiet ride on highway, hatchback.

None I can think of so far. I have loved every minute in the car!

Fun to Drive
By Eeshasdon

2002 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Without a doubt this is one of the most enjoyable cars to drive that I have ever owned. I did a lot of research on a third car for my family and the Elantra GT fit the bill perfectly. The only problem as I see it, is I may not want to give it to my daughter when she goes to college.

Handling! This car hugs the road better than any car I have ever owned. Great warranty!

Put in a real horn. Armrests need to be improved.

FANTASTIC!
By Alex R

2002 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just returned from a 3000km round trip from Calgary to Vancouver Island. A lot of mountain driving - steep hills, lots of twists. The car handled like a sports car and was able to negotiate all but the slowest and steepest roads in 5th. Gas mileage 6.7litres/100km or 35mpg US. Drove at 60 - 75 mph where road conditions allowed. Researched this vehicle 1 year before buying. It's exceeded my wildest dreams.

The whole car!

The radio controls too small and complicated.

Hot Little Number
By FlyDriver

2002 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Plenty o' character in this car with the best apparent value of all I researched and tested. Hot, fun, practical, and a bit different (read: better) than your neighbor's. I'm consistently glad I chose it, and my friends are pleasantly surprised when they check it out.

Purple-illuminated instrument cluster. Generous driver shoulder space. Cruise control. Variable intermittent wipers. Leather (simple, but classy). Keyless entry (lights flash not horn honk). Convenient power windows. Gas cap holder. And on...

More room for (driver) left foot. More start line power and low- to mid-range oomph. More light in hatch. Bigger stereo knobs. Firmer shift knob movement. Offering of stand-alone ABS/TCS option.