2002 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
Great Car
By James McDonald on 03/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I looked at several other options and for the money this was by far the best deal. I gave it a little going through durring the test drive and found it really quiet and responsive.

Love this car
By Edward Wronsky on 03/07/02 11:38 AM (PST)

2002 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my 1998 Tiburon, only because I wanted the additional protection of side impact airbags and occasional use of the rear seat for adults. I was initially attracted to the GT when I saw one on the dealer's lot, and couldn't believe how much car was available for sixteen thousand dollars. Since my experience with the quality of the Tiburon was very positive, I had no reservations about buying another Hyundai product.

Great Value
By Art S on 03/06/02 13:55 PM (PST)

2002 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I needed cheap transportation but still like some comforts and the GT is a great bargain. My daughter loves to drive it when she is home and she has a new Beetle and loves it but talks about how much fun to drive the GT is. Personally I love the trip computer and that was what made the difference for me.

Great Car, Great Price
By Sparky on 03/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I think the GT may be one of the best kept secrets in the automotive world. There's a ton of room inside, more power under the hood than most of it's competitors, and the best warranty in the business. I've average better than 31 mpg in the 3000 miles I've owned it and haven't had a single problem.

Great Car, Great Price
By SPARKY on 03/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

Unbeatable Value
By chillyb on 02/26/02 13:11 PM (PST)

2002 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2001 1/2 Elantra GT in June of 2001. I now have almost 10k miles on the odometer. I am very pleased with the performace of my GT. I have had no problems with the car and it has been a pleasure to drive. The most impressive thing about the car is the tremendous value it offers. A similarly equipped vehicle in a Honda, Toyota, or Mazda would costs thousands more. With the GT, you can have all of the bells and whistles without feeling guilty for what you paid for them.

Great car
By Jennifer on 02/11/02 12:15 PM (PST)

2002 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I looked at buying a new car for a long time and I am happy I went with the Elantra and even happier that I decided on the GT. This is a great car. And as long as it doesn't end up being a turkey like every other car I owned (the latest being a '96 Plymouth Neon) I will remain happy. This car has a good smooth ride, and is comfortable to drive.