2001 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
Great Value for Price
By MR2pilot on 06/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I drive 80 miles a day, to and from work, in moderately heavy traffic. I was worried about the handling of a compact car in such traffic, but the Elantra handles more like a mid size than some actual mid size cars I've driven. The automatic transmission is very responsive in traffic stop and go situations, and I've been consistently getting 31 MPG as measured by filling the tank every week, then dividing the trip odometer mileage. Very nice car!

Over a year
By Kiwi on 06/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great car. 15 months old and now clicking over 30,000 miles. No problems. Oil changes, filter changes and tyre rotations is about it. Lifted the hood about two months ago to check something and realized I hadn't looked under there since we bought it.

Great Car, Excellent Value
By Warren on 06/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Paid $10,745 out-the-door for a base model w/ A/T and mud guards. No problems in 15,400-miles. Get 32-MPG with my approx. 80% highway commute. Impressive number of standard features and nice interior (power w/l/m, adjustable driver's seat, plenty of storage compartments, padded armrests, hooks on the floor mats, map lights, overhead storage compartment for glasses, vanity mirrors on both sun visors, retractable cup holder for rear seat). Very good build quality. Nice styling. Powerful engine. Very good ride (easy to handle, easy to modulate brakes, soaks up bumps well, little engine and road noise intrudes cabin). Great car, excellent value.

A Great Experience All Around
By JayCee on 06/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first experience owning a foreign car and so far, it's been a great one. My Elantra has been a ot of fun to drive. I have 20K miles on it and the only problem so far has been a burned out headlight which was easily replaced. I have the smooth shifting 5 speed and get great gas mileage. My friends call it the K Beamer (as in Korean BMW). Great looking exterior fit and finish, a very functional and well though out interior and a larger then expected trunk. My Hyundai dealer has also been a pleasure to work with. I plan to by the larger Sonata for the family later this year. Way to go Hyundai!

A Great Experience All Around
By jaycee on 06/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

disappointed
By jsadams on 06/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Elantra for 12 months. It has been in the shop 5 times,I’ve been told it is not fixable. This car was a big mistake. Engine problems, clutch and many more problems. Another problem with the car is I have filed the Lemon Law and after months of calls, Hyundai has agreed to repurchase the vehicle, but that comes with a stiff penalty, the user fee was more than expected.

first time buyer for hyundai
By junkyarddog on 06/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

this is an exceptional buy for what the vehicle has to offer for the money.

User Friendly Car
By MKY on 05/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought the Elantra to replace a Nissan Maxima station wagon. Our other car is a 1991 Toyota CamryLE (V6). The Camry has been a very good car, costing about $21,000 when it was new. The Camry is a hard act to follow, but despite it's lower price, the Elantra has proven itself to be fine car. It has a solid feel and is fun to drive.

Nice car for a little $$
By matto2001 on 05/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Went originally to buy an Accent. Dealer was out of 2001 Accents, so I looked at a base model Elantra GLS. Was very pleasantly surprised by the quiet yet powerful drivetrain. Has been a very good vehicle so far (10,500 miles).

It's been Great
By Brian3 on 04/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This was my second new car purchase and I had been researching the Elantra for a while. I was really impressed with the standard features, reviews by other owners and the price. It has been reliable with no real problems. The only complaints I have are the drivers seat doesn't adjust very well. It seems to move with me like it is not latching very well. I haven't had a chance to take back for a check-up on that. My other is just about the dealership. Their selling practices are a little "high pressure". Other than that, I am very pleased with my Hyundai Elantra.