2001 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
Hyundai, better than ever!
By bizzy81k on 04/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Very reliable silver 5-spd. Only problem- right headlight went out a week ago- but was covered by warranty. As for fuel economy, I average 25.6 mpg during a week of rides between my home and school (about 2 or 3 miles away) daily, and 20 mile trips to work 4 times a week. Not bad considering the way I drive the car.

Best in the class
By vlad on 04/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was shopping for a compact car with auto transmission, A/C, and in $13000-$16000 price range. First, I test drove Cavalier - very disappointed. Then I took for a test drive Corolla - better, but dealer was unwilling to negotiate the price. The third test drive was with Elantra - WOW! - better than Corolla!!! And the price is lower than for any of the previous cars. So, I made my choise and now drive Elantra for more than a year and I am very satisfied.

The best car for the money
By alvaro on 03/12/02 12:57 PM (PST)

2001 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

with the actual Hyundai's quality there is no reason to buy much more expensive japanese cars like Honda, toyota or nissan

Impressive
By shoeie on 01/31/02 16:33 PM (PST)

2001 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am fresh out of college, and didn't have a great deal of money to spend when I went new car shopping. Actually I figured I would end up with a slightly used Corolla or Civic. I am so glad I took a look at my Hyundai. This car is awesome, gets good gas mileage, and with the warranty, either quality is good or they're going to fix it anyway. I am totally impressed!