Used 2001 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Consumer Reviews - 127 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2001 Hyundai Elantra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

Amazing Car. Tons of cool upgrades!
By Da-Mi-An

2001 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I drive a 2001 Hyundai Elantra GLS. The car is fantastic on gas mileage and is rather cheap to fill up! I love how easy the steering is along with how fun it is to drive. My brakes work great. The interior is rather ugly as is in most Elantras the good part about that is they come with so many cool options for seats and dash kits that you can purchase to really make the car feel like your own. It is a great buy and I would recommend all of my friends and family to purchase one just so they can see how comfortable and smooth driving the elantra gls really is. I do plan on purchasing a newer one this year and turning mine into a rally car. So if you wanna race lets be in touch haha.

my little friend
By Frank

2001 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

136000 and still going strong. I drive it easy and give it tlc.everything works. it is a good little car. I love it. cassette player died but I got a after mart that's sounds good. I don't know what these other people knock it for. it ony cost me 13000 dollars new.maybe I got a good one but I still love it. 15 winters so far and runs like a champ. rustproofing does pay off. body has none and paint still sines because I wax it often. so there

Has been a GREAT little car
By paulnbedford

2001 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We bought our Elantra new in 2001 and maybe that's the difference from everyone else's experiences on here, but our has been a great little car only letting us down once. Turned out to be the spark plugs and wires needed to be replaced. I've never seen a car jerk back and forth and act that way before in my life. Sure enough that's what the dealership said it replaced and it ran great afterwards. Unfortunately at the time it was bad enough you couldn't even drive the car though and had to be towed in. Fortunately though it was under warranty! We've both said we'd buy another Hyundai again without hesitation. It's been the best car we've ever owned other than our old Dodges from the 70's.

Simple interior design and clean lines.

Make door seals/interior pieces last longer. All the door plugs that covered the doors screws fell out within months of taking delivery of our car back in 2001. And the door seals have never stayed on the car frame.

Good old car
By powersk22

2001 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my hyundia elentra with 80k miles on it after 9 years the car has been very reliable. I now have 150k and a few things started to fail. I went out and got a 2010 elentra because I didn't want to put more money in a car that I wasn't planning on keeping around much longer. A few bad things I've notice is the body by the wheels is rusting pretty good, and the radiator just went out. Not a huge deal as the price to get a new one is around $130 and to get it put in will cost around $300.

Loved and now hate this car
By smm7

2001 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2007 when it had 120,000 miles on it.
It now has 190,000 miles, and I'm still driving it.
There are good and bad things I've encountered.
Good things- I love small cars, easy to drive, gets around very well in snow storms surprisingly, and it has never had engine or tranny issues.
Bad things- I've pumped tons of money in this car to keep it going.
From the radiator to the belts and everything in between.
And the paint is horrible. It's looks like crap and all peeled off on the hood, top, and trunk.
It looks horrible now.
It's still getting me places, and after 5 years, this is the longest I've had the same car, but I can't wait to get rid of it.

Small, easy to drive, gets around well.

I hope the newer models have a better paint job that lasts longer than a few years.