Still going strong after 210,000 miles
By Bought new on
2000 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Wagon
Upon deciding if I wanted a new car or not, my thought was basically this: Invest 1,200 dollars into an 8 year old car with 209,000 miles, and drive it for 2 more years, or buy a new one and have a 500 a month car payment for 3 years. I no longer drive 35,000 miles a year, so the deciding factor for me was doing a compression test on the engine. It was still well within factory specs., and it uses NO oil between oil changes. The body is still in good shape, everything still works fine. Why buy a new one? I will say I have changed the oil every 3k miles with fully synthetic oil, Slick 50 every 50,000 miles, timing belt with exterior belts every 60k, and regular tune-ups.
Favorite Features
Small, compact, everything I need to go from point A to point B, and great gas mileage. The only problems I have had with this car in 210,000 miles is 1 window motor, 1 blower motor, 1 rear window wiper motor, and 1 wheel bearing. That's it!
Suggested Improvements
None at this time. I am very happy with the quality of this car. Frankly, from someone who used to buy a new car every 3-4 years for 30 years, this is with out a doubt the most reliable car I have ever owned!