So-so
By Jordan on
2000 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Wagon
I bought the Elantra used, though only 1 year old several years back. I just traded it in for a Kia a few weeks ago. I was surprised to find it used a lot more gas then I expected for such a light vehicle. Overall it was reliable, it ran fine when traded in and major problems never seemed to crop up. But minor things kept breaking like power windows, dash lights shorted out, dash clock shorted out, cd player broke, and the CV joints (not covered under mfg warranty) kept going even when I was careful about my driving. The interior design was nice, everything was easy to find and use, important in an emergency or when first driving a new vehicle. Outside it looked nice for a wagon.
Favorite Features
Easy to use and find controls, everything just felt like it was in the right place. Cargo space, could fit a lot of stuff and the whole family in it at once. Cornered well for a wagon.
Suggested Improvements
Better gas mileage. Better construction, especially for the electronic features. Open more dealerships, I had to drive a long way to get this car repaired and that became a major reason not to buy a Hyundai again. It can be a pain to drive a car that is already in need of repair or that is damaged.