2000 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

GLS 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (77 reviews )
2000 Hyundai Elantra VE
By Chris Richardson on 04/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

This stylish car has been through 2 Canadian winters, with not a thing gone wrong with it. I would've awarded it first for the Edmunds 2000 Economy Car Comparison, because I've test driven the other 2 that were ahead of it, and they just don't compare. Of course, the price is a pure bargain for what you get: class leading horsepower, a killer CD sound system, power everything, comfort, style, and an engine that can really move! This is, by far, the best 2000 economy car around, and the redesigned 2001 Elantra proves to be even better, way to go Hyundai!

Nothing but problems
By Kat on 03/18/02 15:32 PM (PST)

2000 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

I have owned my Hyundai for two years (this month), and I have had nothign but problems. The car is in the shop at least every 3 months. I have already had to get 2 igintion coils replaces, the transmittions replaced (and it's going bad again), the catalitic converter replaced, the driver window fell off, the blower motor replaced. I got better gas milage in my '79 Ford LTD than this car after the first 3,000 miles. I WILL be getting a new car before the warrenty is up. Thank goodness for the warrenty!

What a car!
By young on 03/16/02 00:18 AM (PST)

2000 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

I love this car! The passing power is superb and I haven't had any problem for the last two years and half. Some people complains about its engine noise but I like it. The handling and cornering is excellent, which makes me feel very safe when I drive this car. Also, I love the front reading lights which the other cars of the same class don't usually.

great car
By heatc1 on 03/13/02 15:24 PM (PST)

very nice car

Elantra is OK
By Larry J on 03/08/02 17:09 PM (PST)

2000 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

Insurance is very high!! Good quality for a low cost car, warranty was the major selling factor for me. It is a little too small for my family now, have to move up to a SUV or mini van.

So far so great
By shimh on 03/05/02 12:07 PM (PST)

2000 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

Some problems in minor things. Handle is kind of shaky when driving.

Its a car....
By jbpdx on 02/26/02 00:17 AM (PST)

2000 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

This is a simple 4 door car. Came with a stereo that worked, does good on gas, and is reliable. For the money it can not be beat. The warranty is like icing on the cake...