Used 2000 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Reviews

GLS 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (77 reviews )

So much car, so little money!
By renosnave

2000 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

The Hyundai warranty was what drew me to this vehicle. I wanted to have a car that started every time I put the key in. That I have a moonroof and a cd player and power everything is also great. While other people have $300- $400 car payments mine was just $167 a month! Did have a stereo problem, but they just took out the old one and put in a new one (covered by warranty!)

Favorite Features

Room for all passengers, good visibility, moonroof and powerful air conditioning.

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel economy

Car with No problems
By vignesh

2000 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

I bought this on 09/99 for the past 4 years i dont have any problem with this vehicle.I think this could be due to the fact i am religiously doing manufacturer recommended services and 3k oil change.

Favorite Features

Roomy interior

Pleasantly Surprised!
By dally135

2000 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

I bought the Elantra in Oct 2001 after driving all the compact sedans. With the spoiler and sunroof, it was BY FAR the best looking, best warrenty, and had the best price. Over 3 years, I had one problem with the driver side window, but the dealer fixed it in 30 min. Great gas mileage, low insurance, more horsepower . . . the only drawback is that the resale value is low.

Favorite Features

looks, price, pep, reliability (I'd buy another Hyundai in a heartbeat)

Suggested Improvements

poor placement of the cupholder and the fact that the cup holder doesn't hold anything except a can.

definitely worth it
By cmt

2000 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

I have a 2000 Elantra with about 60000 miles on it so far and it has worked out great. It's a decent little car which could be considered phenomenal for the price. The only problems I've had were with the power windows which have all needed repairs at some point. It doesn't compare with the pricer automobiles and it wasn't designed to. bottom line, if it fits your budget, you should definitely go test one out. Personally, I like the pre-2k1 body style though as opposed to the new ones.

Favorite Features

sunroof, power everything

Suggested Improvements

sturdier interior body. The plastic on the doors and armrests can crack with weight. a little more power and better shifting

Will Miss My Hyundai
By Teacher Mary

2000 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

I have had my Elantra for 3 yrs. This past week I was in an accident, I was hit almost directly head on. My airbags deployed perfectly and immediately, my seat belt held firm. My Elantra is totaled but I walked away from the accident with only bruises from my safety equiptment. I am definitely buying another.

Favorite Features

I like the handling, takes curves very well. It responds well, love the color bright red, and the airbags were great.

Suggested Improvements

the keyless entry unlocks all doors at once, a safety issue for a woman. Also the body style is too smooth. Opening a window in the rain will cause a down pour from the window. A slight ledge or protective molding, something to deflect the water would be nice.