2000 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

GLS 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (77 reviews )
Pleasantly Surprised!
By tony p on 11/08/04 10:30 AM (PST)

2000 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

When I was shopping for a car I was looking for a 2nd hand beater. Something simple to get me back & forth to work. I wanted something inexpensive and after much looking I found the Elantra at a local stealership. Wow! Where do I begin? Dollar for dollar you cannot beat what this lil car has to offer. First of all these cars only come in one trim that means you get EVERYTHING! Power windows, locks, AC, am/fm radio, etc... Even the powerplant is not dissapointing. The 2.0L DOHC provides plenty of zip for this car. The fit and finish is very good. Hyundai has definitely learned from their mistakes and done a complete 180. I highly recommend this car!

LOVE THIS CAR
By Denardo on 06/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

I started out driving an 85 Accord, but after it was totaled in a wreck with a drunk driver, I got my Elantra. I love it! The cassette player broke, but the speakers are great. I love the compact size, you can squeeze through tight spaces and park almost anywhere. The gear selector safety lock is a pain sometimes. This car has a lot of power for a four cylinder. I was impressed. Handles very well, very easy to drive. The fuel economy isn't bad, but thought it might be a little better for a four cylinder. The trunk is also suprisingly spacious. This is a great car for a high school student.

fours years old
By gjens on 06/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

Since I purchase this car in March 2000 I've had zero problems. I change the oil every five thou, had the tires replaced at 30,000 and one tune-up. I couldn't be more please. Naturaly the air filter,oil filter and other regular maintance items have been replaced.

Reliable Car
By Great Elantra on 06/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

Bought my car new. In 3 1/2 years, I racked up 110,000 miles. Only problem I had so far was with one spark plug cable going bad, causing the engine to run rough. It caused me $60 to repair. Other than this, I spent money on regular maintenance such as oil&filter change (3-4K miles), one set of tires, and spark plugs.

good relatively cheap car
By eugen on 05/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

I had a pleasant experience with this car. Not enough power though. The sound system is badly designed but it is not an essential part of a car I guess... for me at least. It get realatively good mileage on the highways. Wished it kept its value better.

So much car, so little money!
By renosnave on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

The Hyundai warranty was what drew me to this vehicle. I wanted to have a car that started every time I put the key in. That I have a moonroof and a cd player and power everything is also great. While other people have $300- $400 car payments mine was just $167 a month! Did have a stereo problem, but they just took out the old one and put in a new one (covered by warranty!)

Car with No problems
By vignesh on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

I bought this on 09/99 for the past 4 years i dont have any problem with this vehicle.I think this could be due to the fact i am religiously doing manufacturer recommended services and 3k oil change.

Pleasantly Surprised!
By dally135 on 02/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

I bought the Elantra in Oct 2001 after driving all the compact sedans. With the spoiler and sunroof, it was BY FAR the best looking, best warrenty, and had the best price. Over 3 years, I had one problem with the driver side window, but the dealer fixed it in 30 min. Great gas mileage, low insurance, more horsepower . . . the only drawback is that the resale value is low.

definitely worth it
By cmt on 02/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

I have a 2000 Elantra with about 60000 miles on it so far and it has worked out great. It's a decent little car which could be considered phenomenal for the price. The only problems I've had were with the power windows which have all needed repairs at some point. It doesn't compare with the pricer automobiles and it wasn't designed to. bottom line, if it fits your budget, you should definitely go test one out. Personally, I like the pre-2k1 body style though as opposed to the new ones.

Will Miss My Hyundai
By Teacher Mary on 01/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

I have had my Elantra for 3 yrs. This past week I was in an accident, I was hit almost directly head on. My airbags deployed perfectly and immediately, my seat belt held firm. My Elantra is totaled but I walked away from the accident with only bruises from my safety equiptment. I am definitely buying another.