2000 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

GLS 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (77 reviews )
Neat cheap car
By Hrlyridr on 09/29/05 09:30 AM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

Got this last year for commuting. Holds me and the kids just fine, 32mpg hwy, 27 around town. It's fun having a moonroof. Not much getup and go, but at my age, it gotup and went.....so this is a good cheap commuter car. Don't drive it like you stole it, it isn't a sports car.

Great Car
By RSurber on 08/13/05 20:27 PM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for 5 years and it's still running great. I have driven it from AZ to CO twice and have not had a problem with it. I use it as a commuter car now because it is soo great on gas.

Great car for the money
By Garrett on 07/31/05 00:54 AM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

Excellent experience both in city driving and nine round trips Ohio to Florida and one Ohio to Colorado. Car gets good gas mileage, uses no oil between changes, shifts smoothly (5speed), has good vision, gets good tire wear, handles well at both low and high speeds, stops straight, provides excellent driver comfort with lumbar support seat. Still have original brakes at 55000 miles, orginal exhaust system after five Ohio winters (salt, ice, snow, slush), original batter, and no rust at all. The car has been totally reliable. It has never had a operational problem.

Love My Elantra!
By Nayko on 05/23/05 23:32 PM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used in the fall of 2004, with about 50K miles on it. I've been driving it almost everyday since and have never had a single problem! It runs really well and didn't have any problems starting up in Chicago winter weather. Fuel economy is decent too. While it isn't particularly luxurious or anything, it's still a great car especially when you consider its price.

2000
By Dennis on 04/03/05 21:41 PM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

OK, You might not agree with me but this has been one of the most dependable cars I ever had. Yes I've had plenty, starting with a '55 Ford and I might add I've never purchased a Ford since. I changed the brakes at 45,000 and that's the most I have ever gone on brake pads. The only down side was I replace the battery at 30,000 and the tires. I don't like the current looks of the new models so that would keep me away from purchasing one at least until they make some external design changes.

Great little car
By Hrlyridr on 03/15/05 12:45 PM (PST)

2000 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

I bought this used with 36,000 miles on it. I've had it a year, and couldn't be happier with the value I got. I call it my little eBeater (got it on eBay). Handles New England winters. Llove the sunroof, room for both kids, and best of all - it was cheap enough that there was no payments.

Fun lil' Car
By Edgey on 02/27/05 23:47 PM (PST)

2000 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

I bought a 2000 Elantra used with bout 58k on it. I only had to replace the altenator, battery, and the front left wheel bearing. Great car, ran great, was a lil sluggish to shift under heavy acceleration. I bought it in 9/03 and then totaled it 1/05 with 86K miles on it, when some twit in a rental made a left in front of me. Seemed to crush a little to easily, the whole front end was trashed. Sounded good, handled good and no repairs, except the aforementioned ones. For reference the wheel bearings suck to do on your own. The old filter isnt the easiest to get at. But it has a nice ride, comparable smooth to some smaller cars. OH and the air bags work great :)!

Smokin' deal
By Miz on 02/10/05 12:50 PM (PST)

2000 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Elantra new in April of 2000. I now have almost 80,000 miles on it and it has been fantastic. I still have the original brakes and have done very few repairs. The spark plugs and wires went bad twice and the right rear window is no longer working but that is it. I always runs, is fun to drive and has been very reliable. For the money (around $10k) I couldn't ask for more. Hyundai has really come a long way

This car is junk!
By ssx_girl on 01/24/05 13:17 PM (PST)

2000 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

We bought this car BRAND NEW with 8 miles on it. I liked the look of the outside, and my brother had bought a '99 Accent & had no problems with it. This car has been NOTHING but one problem after another. We have had the speedometer break once a year, and it has been totally replaced once. It broke again yesterday, and we have to have it fixed again this week. The transmission was replaced before the car was 4 years old, and now that it is almost 5 years old it is going in again for problems! I WOULD and WILL *never* purchase another Hyundai as long as I live. I'm lucky I paid an extra $1500 for the extended warranty beyond their 100,000 mile deal they have. It has saved our pocket books!

reliable and fun to drive
By Andy Schutte on 11/29/04 16:13 PM (PST)

2000 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

I really enjoy my Elantra and would recommend it to anyone. I am good about maintaining it at the dealer, and in return it has been good to me - one mechanical breakdown in almost 5 years and 90k miles - which was covered under the warranty.