2000 Hyundai Elantra Wagon - Consumer Reviews

GLS 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (31 reviews )
my review Hyundai
By mark on 11/16/05 23:04 PM (PST)

2000 Hyundai Elantra Wagon GLS 4dr Wagon

good overall car for the money

2000 Hyundai Elantra Wagon
By robert j. Esposito on 06/01/05 18:56 PM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Elantra Wagon GLS 4dr Wagon

My Hyundai is very reliablity. It has not given me any trouble in 5 years. For the price I paid ( $12,400.00 )and the miles I have driven ( 90,000 ) I think I made a very good deal.

Like my Hyundai Wagon
By Dave52 on 05/18/05 15:44 PM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Elantra Wagon GLS 4dr Wagon

After 4-1/2 years and 116000 miles, I still like it. It does everything, and has been incredibly reliable. I do my own work, other than the timing belt changes. I use synthetic oil at 6000 mile intervals, and have gone thru two sets of tires, but no brakes yet nor exhaust. Mileage averages 31-33 for normal commuting, I got down to 24, but that was towing a thousand pound camper, car fully loaded, with A/C on, doing 75 mph. I expect to own this until it dies, so I don't care about resale. Usual gripes about cupholders, lightweight plastic in the door panels. Roof rack is rugged, no problem with canoes or ladders or furniture.

Great little wagon
By jslthetsl on 08/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Elantra Wagon GLS 4dr Wagon

This car has been a pleasure to own. Bought it new in winter of 99 and have minimal problems (2) First had the speedometer go bad (under warranty) and second, had a front wheel bearing replaced at 72k (under warranty). This little wagon can haul just about anything. Have hauled tons of stuff from the garden center, hot water heater, dining room set, and a refrigerator! It is comfortable on a trip and gets anywhere from 33 to 38 mpg. Got 42k out of the factory tires and the second set seems to be wearing even better. Besides two warranty repairs, just the usual wear items of tires, brakes and tune-up.

Great car-SW Elantra
By Kelvinator on 08/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Elantra Wagon GLS 4dr Wagon

I decided to buy a station wagon that was economical and yet could cruise at 120 kph in the BC rockies and be confortable in big city traffic.I did my homework and ended up buying a sandle wood coloured SW Elantra, fully loaded, with additional roof rackage and a black bra to highlight it's pleasingly nice looks and a disabler alarm system was free.79,000 km later it has not disapointed; as there has not been a single hickup, even the brakes recently checked out at 75% remaining. At 145 HP and 35 MPG I could not be happier. Extremely low maintenance.

Love This Wagon
By gmcstravick2000 on 07/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Elantra Wagon GLS 4dr Wagon

I have no complaints on this car. I would buy a wagon again. It is a little tight in the back seat for three adults or two kids and a car seat.

Used Hyundai vWagon
By Mike Portnoy on 07/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Elantra Wagon GLS 4dr Wagon

This car has not given me any Mechanical problems. Only normal maintaince such as Brakes, tires Wires and tires have been replaced. Some interior body hardware has been replaced. Milage is 83,600

My Ride
By Shorty on 07/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Elantra Wagon GLS 4dr Wagon

I went from a Lincolm Towncar to the Hyundai Elantra Wagon & I've never been as satisfied with a car. I can scoot around traffic with ease. It's no V8, but I have no problem with exceleration. My dealership is wonderful & I recommend the Southtowne Motors in Newnan, GA to everyone. I have had few problems with this car.

best purchase ever
By dave.henning on 04/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Elantra Wagon GLS 4dr Wagon

OVERALL: This car ('00 wagon w/everthing) is the best big purchase I have ever made. 42K mi. - no repairs and no major disappointments. INTERIOR: The A/C is really strong, but it sucks power. Cupholders are lame. Back seat is small, but it's fine if you're taking the work gang to lunch. FUEL: My one gripe has been fuel economy. As bad as 21 mpg, as good as 34 mpg. ENGINE: I can go >80mph and not feel like the car is straining. It's pretty quiet for a 4-banger. SUMMARY: I'd get another in a second. I was considering the Focus, Legacy and VW Passat. I saved $2K-$13K and got all the car I needed.

Excellent Car For The Money
By mdsi on 01/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Hyundai Elantra Wagon GLS 4dr Wagon

I have had only one thing go wrong with this car. Spark Plugs and wires went bad causing the car to run rough and the check engine light to come on. Anyway this also happened to someone else I know, so don't worry if yours does the same thing, just try new plugs/wires first. That is such a minor issue to have happened with my $12,000 Hyundai in 110,00 miles that I can only say that this is one reliable vehicle that will treat any owner well. I bought it for the warranty, assuming they were built to last, and I was right. I love the car.